Taehyung ♡ Vampire

Start from the beginning

For today's picnic with Taehyung I chose a pair of shorts and a T-shirt. I wore it tucked in with a pair of tennis shoes. I grabbed my bag and headed out, sending a quick text to Taehyung letting him know I was on my way.
I've never been to this park before, so I looked up directions on Google and managed to get to the park.

"Wow." I whispered in awe as I looked around at all the flower bushes and trees. A small pond stretched across an area of the park, the buildings reflecting off the surface of the calm water.
My eyes scanned the long stretch of grassy land, stopping when I spot Taehyung waving excitedly. I bite my lip to stop myself from grinning like an idiot as I make my way over to him, careful not to get ahead of myself and use my vampire speed to get there faster.

"You look so cute!" Taehyung gushed as I approached him.
"It's just a simple outfit."
"You make anything look good, simple or not." "Oh." I blush.
"C'mon." Taehyung pats the spot next to him on the blanket. "I picked out a nice spot away from everyone."
"It's perfect." I smile.

Taehyung starts to unpack the basket he's laid out on the blanket.

"I brought all kinds of treats." He says giddily as he pulls out a couple sandwiches encased in plastic wrap. "I took your suggestion into consideration and..." He takes out a plastic container with strawberries inside. "Tada!"
"You brought strawberries! Thank you!" I squeak happily.
"One more thing!" He holds up a bag of potato chips.
"Perfect!"
"I'm glad you like it. I'm not much of a cook, so all I could make were sandwiches."
"That's perfectly fine. I honestly just appreciate that you even offered to do this. It makes me happy."
That seemed to make Taehyung's mood get brighter, if that's even possible.
"Alright well, let's eat!"
I reach for one of the sandwiches, unwrapping it and taking a bite as I watch people in the distance.

Once the chips and sandwiches are finished, Taehyung cracks open the container of strawberries.
"Ah~" He holds one in front of me.
I lean forward, taking a big bite of the berry.
"Mmm!" I hold a thumbs up which makes Taehyung smile.

After a while of sitting in the sunlight, my legs start to burn a little, a faint pink spot starting to show up just below my knee.
"Oh." I pull my leg back, hissing lightly. "We've been out here for a while."
"No worries. Look, I brought an umbrella." He pulls one out from the basket, opening it up and holding it above us, the burning on my legs slowly dissipated as the splotches fade.
"That's so... considerate." I say, my heart swelling at the small gesture.
"I knew we'd be spending quite some time in the sun, so I came prepared."
I scoot closer to him, leaning my head on his shoulder. He uses his free hand to wrap his arm around me, it makes me feel warm inside. I've never felt this way about anyone in my life. I don't know if it's because I'm a vampire and heightened emotions is part of all this, or because he's really the only person to make me feel so happy and giddy.

"You know, if you get tired of holding that umbrella we can go sit underneath a tree or under one of those shaded pavilions." I suggest.
"There's a tree right over there, let's move."

We stood up and relocated to a new spot, getting situated again. I rested against the base of the tree, the shade from the dense leaves providing me some protection.

"Oh!" Taehyung piped up. "I brought something else. It's a surprise."
I leaned forward, excited to see what it was.
He reached into the basket and pulled out two tin canteen-like bottles.
"Here." He smiled, handing one to me.
I unscrewed the lid, the sweet smell of blood immediately reaching my senses. I blinked a few times, the smell almost overwhelming.
"You really didn't have to do this." I look over at him.
"No it's fine. Don't worry about it."
"How did you get it?"
"I found out about a place that gives blood bags to vampires that need it, or ones that don't want to feed directly from humans."
"Won't you need this though?"
"I've got plenty. Don't worry about it." He ruffled my hair.
I took a sip of the red liquid, savoring it for a moment before taking multiple gulps. I was so distracted I didn't notice my eyes change to their vampiric red color and my fangs lengthening. I set the half empty bottle down, glancing over at Taehyung who was staring at me, his soft brown eyes widening in wonder.
"What is it?" I ask.
It's only then that I realize I've gone full vampire in front of him.
"You're beautiful." He says in awe.
"I'm sorry. Sometimes I get carried away." I mutter, quickly making my eyes and teeth return to normal.
"Not it's okay. Like I said, you're beautiful."
I look down at my lap sheepishly. "You're really sweet, you know that?"
"No. Am I?" He asked with a grin.
"You are." I confirm.
Taehyung reaches over, gingerly placing his hand on top of mine. His eyes meet mine as he nervously bites his lip. I glance down at them, my mind racing. Without thinking, I lean in pressing my lips against Taehyung's. His hand moved to cup my cheek as he moved forward a little more, pressing our lips closer together. He's magnificent kisser. I was so lost in the moment I almost forgot we were at a park.
Taehyung pulls away, holding back a smile.
A strong feeling of fondness swells in my chest. I'm absolutely enamored of him.

"I don't know why, but I have this feeling that we're meant to be together." He admits.
"I feel the same way. Maybe it's a vampire thing." I chuckle.
"Maybe." He laughs lightly, pressing a kiss to my cheek. "So what should we do next? I'm not ready for you to go home yet."
"I don't care what we do as long as I get to spend time with you."

_______________________________________

QOTD: Were you here for the old Wattpad? Before they started adding paid stories, ads, premium, and no offline reading?

AOTD: I did! I've had Wattpad since 2013 and it used to be so cool. There were no ads between chapters and you could read any book in your library offline, not just 2. I do like that you can add gifs, pictures, and YouTube videos in your chapters, especially from your phone. Used to, you could only do it from a computer.
Wattpad has come a long way and they've had some improvements but I hate all this new stuff with ads and whatnot.