Hoseok ♡ Fairy

I walked out into my backyard, making my way over to my little sunflower garden lugging a watering can with me. Since I live in a small house, my backyard is small, so all I have are my sunflowers, which I'm okay with. I set the watering can down on the ground and let out a huff. The flowers are starting to look a bit dry and I try to water them consistently throughout the week.
I lift the heavy watering can off the ground and start watering the plants. I smile imagining how great the flowers must feel getting a drink of water. When the watering can is empty I stretch my back out and head inside to make lunch.
As I'm inside making something to eat, I glance out the window above the sink to look at my beautiful sunflowers. For a second I swear I see something moving around in my garden. I squint my eyes and stare out at the tall flowers for a moment, seeing if the creature would make its appearance again.
The microwave beeps and I go to get my food. I'm still rather curious about the strange movement in the garden so I stand in front of the window, looking with watchful eyes. Nothing.

I finally give up and finish my lunch. I wash my dishes and take a quick glance outside. I see something move in the flowers. I gasp and rush outside. I see the plants rustle a bit and run over. Behind one of the large sunflowers I see shimmering gold wings.

That's a strange looking butterfly.

I peeked around the sunflower and saw... a fairy?!

I gasped. The small fairy jumped and flew off, hiding behind another sunflower.

"Excuse me. P-Please don't be scared. I won't hurt you."
A small head poked out from behind one of the sunflowers.
"Hello." I gave a small wave. "You can come out."
"Y-You won't hurt me?" He asked.
"No. I promise."

The fairy stepped out on one of the leaves and gave me a skeptical look.

"I'm Y/n. What's your name?"
"Hoseok."
"It's nice to meet you Hoseok. Would you like to come inside where it's cool?"
His eyes were still wide and he seemed very skittish. I slowly held my palm out. He moved away.
"You don't have to come inside if you don't want to." I started to move my hand away but he stopped me.
"Wait. I'll... I'll come with you."

He flew into my hand, a small smile spreading across my lips. I brought him closer to me and took him inside.

"Are you hungry?" I asked.
He nodded shyly.
"Okay, what would you like to eat?" I asked opening the fridge. "Oh! I have some fruit, how about that?"
"That sounds nice." He said.
"Alright."

I set him down on the kitchen counter and went to the fridge pulling out an apple, some grapes and some strawberries. I washed the fruit and got a cutting board out.

"Oh, how small should I cut these up?" I asked as I sliced into the apple.
I turned towards the small fairy only to see he wasn't so small anymore. He stood next to me, his brilliant wings on display. I blushed at his close proximity. I took in his features, my cheeks getting hotter. He's handsome.
"Just regular sized pieces will be fine." He said.
"H-How did you do that?"
"I can shift from my normal height to a human height." He shrugged, speaking as if it was normal.
I blinked a few times, my eyes wandering to his glittery golden wings. Hoseok cleared his throat awkwardly and tucked his wings away making me turn my attention back to the fruit. Once I finished, I put all the fruit in a bowl and handed it to Hoseok with a smile on my face.

"Here you go."
"Thank you."

I grabbed a fork from the utensil drawer and handed it to him. He took it and thanked me again.

"You can have a seat at the kitchen table, or in he living room. It's up to you."
He nodded and took a seat at the table. I noticed his wings has completely disappeared. I followed him to the table, staring at his back wondering how he made those huge wings go away. I sat down across from him, furrowing my brows.

"Why do you keep staring at me?" He asked.
"Where did your wings go?"
"I hid them. You were staring and it made me uncomfortable."
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to stare, it's just... I've never seen a fairy before, so you're intriguing to me."
"Intriguing?" He asked. "Me?"
I nodded.
"I'm just me." He shrugged.
"Yeah, so?"
"There's nothing interesting about me."
"How would I know that? I don't know anything about you." I stated.
He sat there for a moment, pondering.
"You're right. What would you like to know?" He asked taking a bite of fruit.
"Maybe start with why you were in my sunflower garden."
"Oh... well..." he blushed. "You grow very beautiful sunflowers and I like to hang around in the garden. They're big flowers so they're perfect to hide in, that way I don't have to worry about getting caught. I guess I couldn't hide forever."
"Thank you for saying I grow pretty flowers. I worked really hard on that garden and it's the only plants I have."
"I know you've worked hard. I see you come outside and water them almost every day."
I smile, happy that someone has taken notice of my efforts.
"I hope this isn't too forward, but you're very pretty."
"Ah... uh well... thank you." I stuttered, trying to find the right words. "You're really handsome."
"I am?" He asked, clearly surprised by my sudden confession.
"Mhm." I nodded.
He grinned brightly, his cheeks slightly pink.

I sat and talked with him until he finished his fruit bowl. I took the dirty dishes from him and set them in the sink.
He stood up from the table and gave me a hug, catching me off guard.

"Thank you." He said.
"For what?"
"Being so kind."
"Oh, it's nothing."
Suddenly, I felt him kiss my cheek, making me blush furiously. I reached up touching the spot he just kissed. He giggled cutely at my reaction and ruffled my hair.
"Can we watch a movie?" He asked excitedly, acting as if he didn't just kiss me.
"Y-Yeah."

Hoseok walked off happily to the living room, leaving me a flustered, blushing mess.