Hoseok ♡ Self-Esteem [request]

This one was requested by Claudy1425 they requested an imagine for our beautiful Hope where you have low self esteem and he helps to make you feel better about yourself 💛

Hoseok is gonna be over here in a few minutes. I desperately search through my closet trying to find something to wear. I grab a shirt he bought for me and get a pair of jeans. When I put on the outfit I'm not pleased with how it looks on me. The shirt Hoseok bought was a slightly cropped shirt, not too much but just a little. The shirt showed off a bit took much of my stomach. I sigh and start poking at it, grimacing at my reflection. I go back to my closet and find another shirt that isn't so... revealing. I try on a pair or shorts with the outfit but once again I'm not too happy. I feel like the shorts are squeezing my thighs a little more than they used to.

"I just wore these last month and they fit fine." I commented aloud.

I've definitely gained a bit of weight.

I changed out of the shorts and back into the jeans I had on previously. I looked in the mirror one last time and nodded.

"Good." I said aloud.

I went and put on some makeup and fixed my hair. Just as I finished up I heard a knock on the door. I headed into the entryway and answered the door.

Hoseok stood outside with a grin on his face.

"There's my beautiful girlfriend." He gushed as he pulled me in for a hug. "I like your outfit. I think it would have looked better if you wore that cute shirt I bought for you."
"Yeah. I uh, thought about wearing it but I thought this shirt looked better." I lied.
"Ah I understand. Well, are you ready to go eat?" He asked.
"Yeah I'm starving."

On the way to the restaurant Hoseok played some songs for me that he's been listening to lately. He even sang a little bit.

"You have such a beautiful singing voice." I said watching him as he drove.
"Thanks sweetheart."

We arrived at the restaurant and got seated. Hoseok opened up the menu and started looking.

"Wahh! Everything looks so good." He said reading the menu.
I opened mine and started browsing, keeping in mind that I wanted to eat light today.

"Ah that Alfredo looks good, so does the steak and the chicken." I said.
"I know it's so hard to decide."

Our waiter took our drink orders and gave us a few more minutes to figure out what we wanted to eat.

"I really want that Alfredo... I think."

No Y/n you need a salad.

Our waiter returned shortly and took Hoseok's order.

"And what would you like?" He asked turning towards me.
"Oh. I'll just have a salad." I said.
"What? No get the Alfredo." Hoseok said.
"I'll have-"
"She'll have the Alfredo." Hoseok cut in.
The waiter looked at me.
"Y-Yeah I'll have the Alfredo."

The waiter wrote down my order and left.

"What was that all about?" Hoseok asked.
"I just wanted a salad." I shrugged.
"No you didn't. You say here talking about how good all he food looked and that you wanted the Alfredo."
"Yeah but I changed my mind."
"Y/n if you're trying to find something cheap, don't worry about it. You can order whatever you want."
"It's not that-" I stopped. "Yeah, you're right. Sorry."
Hoseok eyed me for a moment but smiled.

***

Our food arrived and we started eating.

"Here Y/n try some of my steak." Hoseok said holding his fork out.
I leaned across the table and took a bite.
"Wow that's really good. Here try my Alfredo."
I fed some to him.
"Mmm that's really good too!"

I ate a few more bites of my Alfredo but pushed it aside.

"What's wrong baby?" Hoseok asked frowning.
"I'm full."
"You barely touched your food."
I started to speak but Hoseok continued.
"Are you worried about your weight?" He asked, his features becoming sad.
"Yes." I answered feeling ashamed. "I've gained a little extra weight and it's showing."
"What are you talking about?" He asked. "You look the same as you always do."
"No, I don't."
"Y/n you're beautiful. You're stunning. You're flawless. In my eyes you're perfect. You don't have to change anything about you or lose weight, you're gorgeous."
"Hoseok." I giggled even though I was tearing up a little.
"Go on Y/n. Eat that Alfredo. Then we'll get dessert! How does that sound?" He asked with a bright smile.
"That sounds really good."