Jungkook ♡ Nothing Like Us [request]

Requested by tykamin
This is based on a cover Jungkook did. I never heard the song so I had to listen to it a few times before writing this.

Word count: 990

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

Lately I've been thinking Thinking about what we had

Thinking about what we had

"Jungkook!"
"What?"
A snowball was thrown at Jungkook, hitting him directly in his chest.
"Catch me if you can!" You teased.

Jungkook scooped up a huge handful of snow that was much bigger than his hand and molded it into a lumpy, less-than-perfect sphere. Your eyes got wide at he sight of the massive snowball in his gloved hand. Jungkook chuckled evilly and ran after you. You scurried over yo hide behind a tree, but before you could be shielded by the sizeablw trunk, you were struck with the monster cluster of snow.

A shriek of surprise exploded out of you upon impact, the messy sphere breaking into clumps and falling to the white blanket below.

"Gotcha!" Jungkook giggled victoriously.
"No fair."
"It is fair." He tittered, hugging you before dropping a soft kiss on your cheek.

♡♡♡

"I like this." You sighed contently.
"What?"
"Lying here with you."
"Me too." Jungkook smiled softly.
"I hope we're still like this years from now."
"I do too."

♡♡♡

"Y/n!" He called out desperately.
"Stop it, Jungkook!"
"Come here!"
"No!"
"Baby, please."
"Get away Jungkook. I'm done."
"Don't do this."
"It's already been done."
"What about all the good times we shared? I did everything for you and you're just gonna throw it away? We can work through this. We always do."
"Not this time."

Jungkook laid on the couch in complete silence. The final moments he shared with you swirled through his mind like a raging storm, haunting him like a ghost.

Have you been drinking to take all the pain away?

His mind wandered to what you could be doing. We're you laid up in bed thinking the same things as he was? Or were you at the bar drinking to try and forget him? Drowning your sorrows in alcohol? Or maybe you were happier... happier without him.

'Cause nothing can ever. Ever replace you. Nothing can make me feel like you do.
You know there's no one I can relate to
And know we won't find a love that's so true.

His chest began to ache. All he could think of was you. Every thought in his broken mind revolves around you. The two of you were perfect together. No one could separate or come between you. Jungkook would never be able to find someone like you ever again. No one could replace you and no one could make him feel the way you did. The both of you shared the same feelings and liked the same things. There's no way either of you would find another person like each other.
What you and Jungkook had was one of a kind.

There's nothing like us. There's nothing like you and me. Together through the storm.

"I thought we would make it." Jungkook spoke aloud, his voice trembling. "We always make it through. Why was it different this time?"
A single tear broke free, trailing down his face.

I gave you everything baby. Everything I had to give. Girl why did you push me away?
Lost in confusion. Like an illusion. You know I'm used to making your day.

"I don't know what I did wrong." He was full on sobbing now, unable to hold back the flood of emotions. "I want to fix it."
He wanted to see your smiling face again.

But that is the past now. We didn't last now.
I guess that this is meant to be. Tell me, was it worth it?

Maybe this was meant to be. Maybe you and him weren't meant to stay with each other. Maybe you weren't good for each other and your relationship ending was the universe trying to say something.
He wante to ask you, was it worth it? Was it worth it to push him away?
He reached for his phone and found your name in his contacts, a red heart emoji right beside it. His finger hovered over the call button. He hesitantly went to tap your number and call, but he locked his phone and tossed it aside.

We were so perfect. But baby I just want you to see. There's nothing like us. There's nothing like you and me. Together through the storm. There's nothing like us, there's nothing like you and me, together.

Jungkook sniffled and wiped his eyes before reaching for his phone once again. He unlocked it, your name and contact information still displayed on the screen just as he left it a few minutes prior. He called your number before he could chicken out again.

His heart thumped wildly against his chest as the phone rang once... twice. What if you answered? What would he say to you?

Hey this is Y/n. Sorry I couldn't take your call. Leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

His heart raced at the sound of your voice, only to realize a millisecond later that it was your voicemail. Still... just hearing your voice made him happy, igniting the smallest spark of joy in his otherwise empty chest. The phone beeped and Jungkook took in a deep breath.

"Hey, Y/n. It's me... Jungkook. I don't know what happened between us. We always work things out, but maybe this was meant to be. Maybe we weren't supposed to be together." Jungkook's voice began to waver. "I just wanted you to know that I've never met anyone like you. There's no one like you and I won't ever be able to replace you. Ever. You're all that I care about. If you don't want to call me back that's fine. I'll... learn to get over it." Jungkook had started crying without realizing it, his sentences being broken up by choked sobs. "I just... I don't know what I'm trying to say."

"I'm sorry." He sniffled and tried to even out his breathing.

"I miss you, Y/n."

_____________________________________
Jungkook isn't actually crying btw. I've had people in the past think it's real. I would never use a gif of him crying for real. This was for the LY: Tear photoshoot.

If you haven't read the Before You Read chapter, PLEASE go look over it. It's not long and there's important info there.

If you choose not to read it, then you need to know these things:
- Don't call me author-nim or unnie
- Don't ask for a part 2 or make a request. This book is completed and has been since September 30, 2020. Requests are permanently closed
- DO NOT read or interact with any of my works if you're under 14. I'm an adult and I'm uncomfortable with kids reading my stuff and interacting with me. Please respect that. If not, you will be blocked

Thank you.

- Lila 🖤💜