Yoongi ♡ My New Cat

This imagine is 5,000 words! This might be the longest imagine I've ever written. Y'all are getting fed today 🤚🏻

I was on my way home from work, absolutely exhausted. Working in retail is harder than it seems. I noticed an old lady set up on the street not too far ahead of me. She wore a dress with a purple pattern on it paired with a black cloak. A box sat on the sidewalk next to her. I was just going to walk by until I heard small meowing coming from the box. I stopped for a moment, glancing at the three cats.

"They're cute aren't they?" The old lady asked.
"Yeah they are." I smiled, my eyes landing on one cat in particular. It was a beautiful silver/gray color and seemed to be looking right at me. It's eyes studying me.
"I'm giving them away for free. If you want one, or all of them you can take them."
"Oh I don't know if I can take care of a cat." I said.
"But you're lonely aren't you sweetheart?" She asked, placing her hand on my shoulder. Her many rings glimmering.
"I'm not lonely." I said.
That was partially a lie. I do get lonely sometimes, but I still don't think I can care for a cat.
"I can see it in your eyes dear." She spoke sympathetically.
"I'm fine."
"No no no. You need one of these angels to keep you company."
I looked down at the cats, mulling the idea over.
"Well... I guess I could take one. They're all so cute."
"Wonderful! Pick whichever one you'd like."
I bent down next to the box, the silver/gray cat from earlier was still looking at me. I felt some strange attraction to the cute animal. I reached out, lifting the cat out of the box.
"Ooh!" The old lady spoke excitedly. "He's a feisty one."
"He?" I questioned.
"Yes. He's a very good boy though. Aren't you?" She asked.
There seemed to be a hateful tone in her voice as she said the last part, eyeing the cat. He hissed in response.
"Does he have a name?"
"No. You just call him whatever you want." She smiled.
"Alright. Well, thank you."
"Oh one more thing!" The lady reached into her cloak pulling out a small jar no bigger than her palm. "Here's some food for him."
"Uh." I reached out and took the jar from her, examining the strange looking liquid inside.
"That's just enough to get you started until you can get him some proper food."
"Thanks, but what is it?"
"It's a special soup. Cats love it. Trust me." She winked.
"Okay. Thanks again." I smiled.
"You're welcome dear. Enjoy!" She waved to me as I walked off.

"Well that was... odd." I mutter to myself as I head home.

I enter my apartment and set the "cat food" on the kitchen counter.

"Okay meow meow. Welcome to your new home." I said, walking to the living room. "Since I don't have a name for you yet I'll just call you meow meow. Oh! How about lil meow meow? Since you're so tiny."
The cat hisses in response.
"Geez she was right. You are feisty. Listen you're just gonna have to deal with me calling you lil meow meow until I figure out a proper name for you."
I set him down on the floor and he went running off.
"Hey!" I shout and run after him.
I walk into my room and see that he's made himself at home on my bed.
"Glad to see you're comfortable." I chuckle.

I head back into the kitchen, looking for something to eat. Nothing in my fridge looks appetizing so I decide to order delivery. I ended up calling the nearest restaurant and ordering fried chicken. I then went to the living room and scrolled through my phone while I waited for the delivery person to arrive. Periodically I would get up and go check on lil meow meow. Every time he was sound asleep.
I watched as he snoozed away. The sound of someone knocking on the front door caught me off guard. I quickly hurried to go answer it. I handed the delivery guy some money as he handed me my food.

I walked into the kitchen, setting the box down on the counter.

"Ahh finally. Chicken." I grinned happily, pulling out a warm golden, chicken tender.
Almost immediately after I took the first bite, lil meow meow came running into the kitchen, hopping right up on the counter.
"Hey!" I shout. "You're not allowed up here."
He then sits down, staring straight at me. I furrowed my brows at his odd behavior.
"Well alright. You can stay there if you promise not to take any food."
His tail swished back and forth, almost as if in confirmation that he'd be on his best behavior.
I reached for a second chicken tender, glancing up at lil meow meow. He stared at me, then down at the chicken in my hand, his eyes big and sparkly.
"Okay here." I tore off a small chunk and fed it to him. "You're too cute." I gave him a small scratch behind the ear causing him to lean into my touch.