Namjoon ♡ Forest Nymph

I made my way through the woods, leaves crunching underneath my boots. I was prepared to get some good pictures today. I went to the local walking trail, but instead of following the trail like I usually do, I walked off into the dense forest. I approached a tree with dew setting delicately in the moss growing up the side. I got up close, zooming in a little before snapping a picture.

"Perfect." I whispered to myself.

I walk deeper into the forest, stopping every once in a while to take pictures of plants and flowers. I wasn't sure how long I had been walking, but by now I had lost sight of the trail.  I noticed a small clearing in the distance, trees covered in moss surrounded a small pond with beautiful clear water. My eyes widened when I saw a man sitting near the pond.
He was dressed weirdly. I couldn't see well from where I was standing but it looked like he had vines of some sort on his arms. I was curious about this man so I walked a little closer, keeping myself hidden behind the trees. I had gotten about ten feet away from him and was finally able to get a decent look at him. He wore a silky white shirt along with matching pants. He had small vines wrapped around both his arms and flowers in his hair which was styled to the side and seemed a bit longer in the back. I watched as he bent down next to a tree and held his hand over the ground.
I furrowed my brows as I watched the scene before me unfold. Small purple flowers started blooming from the ground.

What?

I was so mesmerized by what I was witnessing, I pulled out my camera. I focused in and snapped the photo, a shutter sound going off.

Crap.

The man looked up, eyes wide. I gasped and hid myself behind a tree.

"Who's there?" He asked.
Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. I screwed up big time.
"Don't hide. I know you're out here." His voice was closer this time.
I squeezed my eyes shut and sucked in a deep breath.
"I won't hurt you." He added.
I slowly stepped out from behind the tree.

The man's eyes widened.

"Who are you?"
"I'm Y/n." I answered.
"Why are you watching me?"
"I'm sorry." I muttered shamefully, holding my camera in my hands. "I was out here taking pictures of the trees and flowers. I saw you and I wasn't thinking straight. I took a picture and I shouldn't have done that."
"No. You're right. You shouldn't have."
"I'll delete it."
"Good. What did you see?"
"Um... I saw you growing flowers? I don't even know."
He let out a sigh.
"I'm really sorry. I was just so mesmerized."
"Mesmerized?" He questioned.
"Well, yeah. I've never seen anything like that before. Come to think of it, I've never seen anyone who looks like you before either."
"That's because no one looks like me. I'm not one of you."
"Wait. What?"
"I take care of nature. I make sure the trees are growing well and the flowers bloom. I watch over the animals and talk with them."
"Okay hold on. Let me get this straight. You're like mother nature or something?"
"I suppose you could say that. But I'm a man."
"So, father nature!"
"That sounds silly, but in a way, yes." A small smile played at his lips. "I'm a forest nymph."
"Oh. Wow." My eyes widnded in awe. "What's your name?"
He looked at me for a moment, clearly debating on wether he wanted to share his name or not.
"Namjoon." He finally spoke up.
"Namjoon." I repeated his name to myself. "Do you think you could show me some more of the things you can do?" I asked shyly.
"Well, I'm not really supposed to do that. But I suppose I can make an exception just this once."
I smiled, happy that he agreed.
"Follow me."
He brought me over to a small area in the forest, the ground bare.
"Watch this."
He waved his hand over the empty spot on the ground and beautiful purple flowers started blooming. It was even more amazing seeing it up close.

Namjoon's POV
I could see her eyes sparkle in wonder as she watched the small flowers bloom before her eyes. It made my heart flutter, which was odd because I've only just met her.

"This is incredible." She spoke breathlessly. "I feel like I'm in a dream."
I smiled softly at her comment.
"So, what else do you do? I remember you saying you watch over the animals and talk with them?"
"Mhm." I nod.
"They talk to you?"
"Yes."
"What do they say?" She asked, her eyes wide and blinking cutely as she waited for my answer.
"They talk about the weather, or what they had to eat that day. Some of them tell me funny stories." I chuckle lightly.
Y/n's face seemed to light up hearing me say all of this.
"That's cute." She grinned. "So, what do you do when you're not taking care of nature?"
"I stay at home usually. Read a book, have a cup of tea or something."
"What's your home like?" She asked.
"It's a treehouse, but it's hidden well. No one can see it except people like me."
"There's more like you?"
"Of course. I'm not by myself out here."
"That's crazy. There's magical beings living around me this whole time and I had no idea."
"You have to promise not to tell anyone." I said.
"I promise! I won't say a word, I swear."
"I'm trusting you, okay?"
She nodded.
"I should probably go."
"Right."
"Can I... see you again?" She asked.
My eyes widened, my heart thumping in my chest.
"I guess you can. We could meet here by this pond again?"
"Yeah I think I can find my way back here. That'll be good."
"Tomorrow?" I asked.
"Sure." She nodded.
"Alright. It's settled then. I'll see you tomorrow."
She gave me a small smile before walking away, disappearing in the dense trees.

***

Y/n's POV
The next day I met up with Namjoon at the same spot. We made it a habit to meet up together a couple days a week. He's a really nice guy. Just like any other regular guy, except he can talk to animals and make trees and plants grow.

I leaned back against the tree, Namjoon taking a seat next to me.

"I brought something." He said.
"You did? What is it?"
I watched as he pulled a small canteen from a bag he was carrying. He took out two tea cups and set them on the grass in front of us.
"I brought some tea for us to share."
"Really? That's so nice of you."
He poured the steaming tea into both cups.It's still hot, so be careful." He warned. "It's my favorite tea. It warms me up inside and gives me energy."
I carefully took a sip, my eyes widening in surprise.
"Wow this stuff is great."
Namjoon laughed at my reaction.
"It's good, right?"
"It's amazing. It's so good I might cry." I joked.
He laughed even harder, his dimples making an appearance. My heart fluttered in my chest. He's so beautiful. When I first met him, I'll admit I was attracted to him. But now, it's starting to feel more like a crush. Clearly, I know it's something that won't work. He's a mythical being and I'm just... me.

"This ground is kind of hard." Namjoon spoke up.
"Yeah it is."
"I have a solution."
"What is it?"
"Stand up."
I did as he said, both of us standing up.
"Watch." He held his hand over the spot where we were sitting. I watched as moss grew thickly over the bare spot at the bottom of the tree.
"There. That should be better." Namjoon smiled.
We both took a seat, the dense moss feeling much softer than the bare ground. I looked down, brushing my hands over the greenery.
"It's cool isn't it?" Namjoon asked, his voice right beside my ear.
"Very cool." I grinned, lifting my head up. My heart stopping when I realized how close mine and Namjoon's faces are.
I was frozen. I didn't know what to do or say. Suddenly, Namjoon's hand reaches up, brushing against my jawline. I see his eyes drift down to my lips, my heart thumping in my chest. Slowly, he leans in, connecting his lips with mine. My eyes close and I find myself leaning forward and returning the kiss. It lasted only a short moment before we both pulled away.

"I'm so sorry." Namjoon started sputtering apologizes. "I shouldn't have done that."
"Why not?" I ask.
"Why? Because you'd never date someone like me. I'm a forest nymph and you're a human."
"Who says I wouldn't date a forest nymph?" I asked.
Namjoon's eyes widen a little.
"No one." He answers.
I look at him expectantly.
"Y/n, do you... like me?"
I nod.
"Then... you think we could..." He trailed off, getting shy. "Be together?" He finished quietly.
"Yes. But, don't you have rules?"
"Rules? Not that I'm aware of. There's no bans on dating humans."
"Then, yes. We can."
Namjoon's eyes sparkled with excitement. He leaned over pressing a kiss to my cheek. I smiled, leaning my head over in his shoulder, letting out a content sigh.

______________________________________
Late update today. I had to finish writing this 😅
Please don't ask for a part 2 😂