Jungkook ♡ Rapunzel AU [request]

Requested by @jogyfishyo
Sorry if the storyline isn't exactly like Tangled, it's been years since I've seen the movie.

Also this is 3,143 words grab some snacks.
I'm S O sorry.

I sat staring out the large window at the top of the tower. I've been locked up in here for years and I want nothing more than to go out and experience the world. I don't understand why I can't.

"Y/n!"

I stuck my head out the window and saw my mother standing at the bottom of the towers. I sighed and lifted my long locks off the floor of the room and tossed it out the window letting it fall all the way to the bottom of the tower. I watched as she made her way up, carrying a basket with her. When she got into the tower she let out an exhausted sigh, flipping her short black hair back.

(Her mom is Hoseok from the House of Army video SKSKSKSKSK my sister gave me the idea for that)

"I'm exhausted, but I got groceries!" She said holding out the basket.
"Thank goodness. I'm starving." I said pulling my long hair back inside the tower.
"Sweetheart."
"Hm?"
"Before we make dinner come have a seat by the fire."

I sighed and took a seat. I watched as she grabbed the hairbrush off the table.

"Can you sing that beautiful song you always sing while I brush your hair?"
"Mother please." I sigh. "I don't want to."
"Just do it, for me?" She begged sweetly.
"Fine." I sigh.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine

Heal what has been hurt
Change the Fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine

"Thank you sweetheart. You know how much I love that song."
"Yes I know."
"Alright then. Time for dinner." She beamed, jumping up from the seat and heading into the kitchen.

Dinner was cooked and we were both sitting at the table. I had almost finished eating when I decided to ask something I've asked over a thousand times.

"Mother?"
"Yes sweetheart?"
"When I can I go out?"
"Go out?" She asked. "Why?"
"I already told you, I want to see what's beyond this stupid tower."
"We've gone over this, you must stay here. It's for your own good."
"Why?"
"Y/n, dear, it's dangerous out there."
"No it isn't! Don't you ever see the lanterns? Every year they float up in the sky and it's beautiful. I want to go see the lanterns."
"Darling I'm too tired for this. Let's talk about it another day." She said standing up from the table.
I sighed in defeat, watching as she walked off to her room.

***

The next day mother had gone to town again to shop for some more clothes. I was laid up in my bed humming to myself. Suddenly I heard a noise. I sat up and tiptoed downstairs.