Part 43 - Let Bygones Be Bygones✌

Priya is reading a book when Ram comes back to the room after taking bath.

"What are you reading?" Ram asked Priya striking a conversation with her while flipping through the channels in TV.

"Novel." Priya replied without taking off her eyes from the book.

"What kind of books you read? I mean which genre." Ram asked seating beside her on the bed.

"What's the matter?" Priya shut the book and look at him.

"Just asking." Ram continued saying "Don't you ever think about me or remember me even once in your daily routine?" Ram asked hesitantly.

"Why would I think about you?" Priya furrows her brows at him.

"Does my presence or absence makes no difference in your life? I just want to know what's going on in your mind." Ram asked her straight forwardly.

"Why are you asking all these things of all a sudden?" Priya questioned him.

"Please answer my questions instead of shooting back another question." Ram said.

A romantic scene is playing on the television which is distracting her a bit.

"Don't you know the reason?" Priya look straight into his eyes.

"I am not involved with Ashwin. I married you because I love you not out of my ego or for anything else." Ram tried to explain her.

"I know you are not involved with Ashwin." Priya surprised him with her answer.

"When did you get to know about it?" Ram sounded surprised.

"I know it, that's all" Priya shrugged her shoulders simply.

"Hey tell me how come you know about it." He insisted her.

"There is a thing called women instinct." Priya responded. He exhales the air deeply.

"Interesting!" Ram nodded his head. "So what else your instinct is telling about me?" Ram asked curiously with a smirk on his face.

"It is saying that you are very intimidating, egoistic, and politically incorrect and it is saying that I should stay away from you as much as possible and..." Priya said without stopping and Ram interrupted her saying.

"Okay okay enough! Stop believing your so called instinct blindly every time. Sometimes it can go wrong like right now it is telling you the incorrect information about me." Ram tried to defend himself.

"I don't think so." Priya replied shaking her head in negative.

"Why do you still behave weirdly with me when you got know that I am not with Ashwin?" Ram look at her for an answer.

"It's not the point whether you are involved with Ashwin or not. The only thing that matters to me is that you married me without my full concern. You forced me into this so called relationship and want me to behave the way you like. Common I am not a toy, I do have feelings." Priya yelled at him while he stayed numb not knowing what to answer.

"I am sorry, I didn't want to loose you." Ram said.

"You ruined my life and simply saying sorry." Priya fire at him.

"I don't want to loose you and I came up with a marriage proposal to your house. I couldn't take it when you said no to this marriage so I had to force you but trust me I love you so much. I cannot live without you Priya, please understand my feelings for you." Ram pleaded her with an innocent face.

"You came up with a marriage proposal but couldn't take my denial? Common how on earth do you think that I will happily agree to this proposal? Do you think I am the girl who runs behind money and popularity?" Priya eyes becomes red and she breathes heavily.