Back to Bobby's House (again...)

It was a very crowded ride back to Bobby's. As though Crowley wasn't hard enough to handle, now the Impala carried a psychologically damaged archangel who sat on the floor of the backseat, curled up and whimpering. Crowley wasn't happy about his compromised leg room, but didn't dare speak about it. Castiel sat between you and Crowley, tending to Gabriel's superficial wounds.

      Gabriel was tucked between you and Cas's legs, very snug and tightly fit. You didn't want Gabriel to be uncomfortable, but in his current state, he refused to sit on the comfy seat and hid on the floor. You wondered if it was a conditioned response that Asmodeus tortured into him, or if it was self-preservation on Gabriel's part. If he sat on the seat surrounded by windows, someone could see him. You couldn't decide one way or another, so you dropped the question.

      "Hold still, Gabriel," Cas ordered as he tried desperately to hold his brother still long enough to cut the threads in his lips with his angel blade.

      You put a hand on Cas's and say softly," Maybe we should wait until we get to Bobby's to try and get those out. It's hard to have steady hands in a moving car."

      Cas paused, thinking about it, then nodded," Yeah, of course."

      He holstered his angel blade and returned to using his 'healing touch'. Gabriel whimpered as his cuts were closed, but didn't disappear.

      "Why isn't it working?" Cas muttered.

      "Just a guess, but perhaps the great archangel doesn't want to be healed," Crowley asked.

      "Why wouldn't he want to be healed?" Cas asked, then tried again," Gabriel. Let. Me. Heal. You."

      Gabriel shook his head viciously before burying his face into his knees. Cas threw his hands up in defeat.

      "That's it, I'm done," he stated," We'll fix you up at Bobby's."

       You brush Cas's hand comfortingly, then started petting Gabriel's messed up hair. Gabriel moaned, not in the way that was from pain, but pleasure. You started to massage his scalp, trying to find something physical to try and soothe his damaged nerves. He seemed to like the feeling. He even leaned closer to you to encourage you to continue. Cas watched approvingly.

      "Good Gabriel," you coo, leaning closer so you didn't have to speak louder," That's a good archangel."

      Sam was observing your attempts to console the wounded archangel with a smile. You didn't notice though. Gabriel's green-blue-brown eyes were fixed on you. All his attention was on you as you petted him and whispered soft promises. After a few minutes, Gabriel started to move and adjust his position. He sat on his knees and rested as much of his upper body as he could onto your lap. You were startled, but didn't have the heart to push him away.

      So, you sat up straighter and let the archangel wrap his arms around you, his head pressed against your belly, hands clutching your shirt. He started to sob. His whole body wracked with tears and stuttering inhales. You brushed his face with your hand, trying to wipe the dirt and blood off his face with the tears. His scarred, sewn up lips made it hard for Gabriel to cry, so you tried to calm him down as much as possible so he didn't hurt himself by accident.

      Yeah... it was a long drive back to Bobby's.

      It was just breaking daylight when the Impala pulled up in the salvage yard and the front yard of Bobby's house. You watched the sun peek over the treetops in a light orange sky as you stuck your feet out of the Impala's open door. Gabriel was still hanging onto you, not budging an inch, forcing Cas to practically shove the frozen archangel out of the backseat just so he could get out himself.