Enter the FBI (Dundee, OH Edition)

You, Dean, and Sam stepped under the bright yellow police tape onto the Vale's front lawn. People were buzzing around with their cameras and video-recorders, trying to get as close to the crime scene as possible to get the best angles. You rolled your eyes. Murder scenes were not for the faint of heart. Which you were sure was just about every civilian there.

      "Chief Marks?" Sam called to a man wearing a sheriff's badge, digging out his own badge," FBI. Agents, Nash, Crosby, and Stills."

      "FBI?" Dundee Ohio Police Chief Marks said as he stood up from where he'd been crouching," Didn't think you handled small town problems."

      "Most of our cases are small town problems," Dean said.

      The Chief dusted his hands off onto his jacket and held it out. All three of you shook his hand, making you squirm. You didn't like touching people. You never knew where they'd been. And this was a crime scene.

      "So what can you tell us about it?" Sam asked," Our dispatcher said it was an axing."

      "Sure was," the Chief said," Kingsley Vale tried to ax his whole family yesterday morning. Got a call in from one of the neighbors. All the evidence has already been bagged and taken down to the station. The uh... new paint will take some time to get off though."

      "New paint?" you ask, then catch yourself and add," How much is there?"

      "Come on in," the Chief said waving them onto the house's front porch," I'll show you what we got."

      You follow the Winchesters and Chief Marks into the home. You can smell the coppery-tang from outside the the screen door. You try looking inside through the window, but the curtains and blinds had been shut. Chief Marks finally got the door open and you all step inside.

      Well, there was a brand new coat of paint on the living room walls. You weren't sure who's paint it was, but it was everywhere. Blood coated almost everything. The floor, furniture, the walls... It didn't look like anything wasn't touched by it.

      "Who's splattered on the walls?" Dean asked.

      "Kingsley Vale's wife, Nicole," Chief Marks said," She was butchered and Vale used her like a paint brush. Here in the living room was where he hacked her apart. His 'art project' is in the kitchen."

      You three 'FBI' agents shared a look of confusion as you followed Chief Marks into the kitchen. You had to fight hard to keep from retching up the three donuts you had for breakfast this morning. Blood, you could handle without fail. Pieces of flesh pasted onto the wall by clots of blood to embellish the cupboards and floor with a supernatural type symbol? Not as easy to keep your stomach from speak its mind.

      "I don't know what was going through his mind," Chief Marks sighed," But this was nothing like him. He and his family lived here for the last few years without a peep. He was a contractor and she was a stay-at-home mom with a 9 month old and 4 year old."

      "Where are the kids now?" you ask, worried now that some of the art was some kid.

      "At the station," Chief Marks said," They're okay, maybe a few cuts from close calls, but alive."

      You and the boys looked visibly relieved. That was some good news. You figured you'd be going to the station to ask some questions after this.

      "I don't understand this symbol," the Chief said," It looks satanic..."

      "In my experience," you say," Anything drawn with blood looks satanic."

      The Chief shrugged," Guess you're right."

      "Did you notice anything strange like cold spots, electrical shorts, or the smell of rotten eggs?" Sam asked.

      "Got sulfur outside, inside, everywhere," Chief Marks said," Probably got something to do with this symbol."

      "Do you mind if we take some pictures?" Sam asked.

      "Go ahead," the flustered Chief said," My boys already got what we need. Forensics have been in and out, but I doubt there's anything in here. We got the guy that did it. There's not much else we can do."

      "Hold up. You have Kingsley Vale?" Dean asked," Where is he?"

      "In an icebox at the morgue," Chief Marks said," Officer Bells was the responding officer on this case. He came out and tried to get Kingsley to calm down, but it didn't work. Bells shot him full of lead and he still went on his tirade."

      "How'd he get him to stop?" Dean asked.

      "Bells swears he saw him throw up black smoke, but I think Bells was hallucinating due to the stressful situation," Marks said.

      "That does happen," you say," But you shouldn't hold that against him. It's not many who would do what he did."

      "Chief Marks, where's Officer Bells now?" Sam asked.

      "Sent him home," Marks said," I can give you his address if you want to talk to him."

      "Yeah, we do," Sam said, then side stepped the Chief to take a few photos on his phone of the symbol.

      You couldn't wait to bleach your eyes after this...