Pawn Shop

You almost regretted buying Dean the pie. Almost. As you sat in the backseat, you could hear his constant noise as he ate it in a seductive way. You honestly didn't think it was possible to do that. Sam looked like he was regretting not sitting with you in the backseat. It was about 12:07, and the Pawn Shop hours stated they closed at 9 PM. It looked empty and locked up.

      If anyone was watching, you doubted they'd notice the black Impala parked in the black alley. You were well-hidden but had a perfect view of the shop's front. Sam leaned back and showed you his dim-screened phone.

      "Here, when you're trying to get into the mortician records," Sam said," Use this code on my computer to break in. It's set up a little differently from other security programs, so this code covers for those differences."

       "Oh, okay," you say and quickly write down the program and code into your notebook.

      You glanced at the time as Sam started to explain other code breaking, hacking, and general illegal computer programs that he had created. It was 12:21. You glanced out the front windshield and saw a car driving up the road.

      "Hey, hey!" you say excitedly, patting the boys' shoulders," Look!"

      The car drove by without an accident. You all three leaned a little forward to see if anything happened further down the road, but... nothing did.

      Dean gave you a look and you narrowed your eyes at him. Sam cleared his throat.

      "That's a good thing," Sam said," They weren't hurt and aren't in danger and..."

      CRASH!

      You jumped back, hitting your head on the Impala's ceiling. Dean packed up the pie and threw it into the backseat. Sam leaned forward and watched wildly for whatever happened.

      "There," you point out the windshield," Past the right building's corner. I see headlights... well, broken headlights."

      The boys leaned over and forward to try and see past the cover building. It was a Volkswagen and it's front tires were completely empty. As such, the car veered into a pole on the sidewalk. The car wasn't badly damaged. And the driver got out of the front seat. You cocked your head, curiously unsure. All the other accidents had been fatal. You look at Sam, then Dean, for any hint. They were still watching intensely.

      Then the Pawn Shop door opened and a middle aged, bald man in a white T-shirt ran out. He yelled something at the driver who made frustrated hand gestures at the car. The man and driver started talking and then the man started to lead the driver inside the Pawn Shop.

      "Time to go?" Sam asked.

      "Let's," Dean said.

      You expected Dean to lock the door, or handcuff you, or some sort of restraint, so you jumped out the backseat before he could try it. He gave you a slightly irritated look, and you just shrug. Sam motioned for you to come with him so you jog around the Impala to him as he opened the trunk. He handed you your pistol and a machete. To kill a vampire, one must behead it.

      "You've used a machete right?" Dean asked.

      "I've used axes to cut up firewood for Bobby and Rufus," you say," I can handle it."

      Dean seemed impressed with that and didn't ask further. You were glad. You didn't want to have to explain it was for a hunter's funeral.

      "Alright," Sam said, gripping his machete," Let's go."