DLDB:74

"But oral it still a form of       sex

sex....right?" - Kinsley Pines

   I was home alone a lot. Even more so since Hazel  was traveling for her YouTube channel while going though her messy divorce. I stayed out of my family drama. I had enough of my own already. But no doubt the Pines Family buried ours. It seemed like every family had there secrets, but some things we thought were secrets just weren't. People whispered and gossiped knowing what we didn't want them to know. Hearing hushed rumors of mistress's and infidelity. They would never say it to My Dad's face. They would never speak it in his presence or mine.

Always just whispers.

I realized that behind closed doors, people were different. That even though people were whispering in the outside, on the outside we were hollering, screaming, crying.

That's what I woke up.

It wasn't the cries of an unhappy wife and the ignorant howls of her husband. Strangely enough I learned how to sleep through that.

I shot up out of my sleep as I heard the shattering of glass. The moonlight peaking through the blinds and into the empty spot next me. I had fell asleep in Jasper's arms and woke up with him gone. I grab my phone reading the time.

3:45 am

" I-m a Grown fuckinggg women. Don't touch me! I'm your Mother you don't tell me how to live my life." Once again glass can be heard shattering. The woman words were bold as she slurred them.

" Mom calm down." Jace could be heard trying to reassure.

" Im fine, I-I just. Just tell me where it is! I know your hiding it!" Her voice was pleading yet, demanding all at once.

" You don't need it."

It was his Mother.

Someone I never expected to encounter a day in my life.

Someone he wouldn't be want me to meet.

I was conflicted. I'm not sure if it was out of concern or curiosity, but I found myself sliding out of the bed.

My feet touched the cold wood as I tip toed across the floor. My legs exposed bare to the cold air, my fingers tips gently gripping the door knobs, and it creaked just as the floors did. From the small crack of the open door, I peaked into the living room. The noise flooding through.