DLDB: 39 P3

PART 3                     " Each of you will have one balloon tied to your ankle

PART 3
                     " Each of you will have one balloon tied to your ankle. If it pops." Few people jumped as Lucas had one of his minions dramatically pop a ballon sliver confetti coming out it. " You're out... For now. The objective isn't just to protect your ballon but pop other ones. One ballon out of 10 of them holds a golden ticket. This exempts you from the next round atomically caring you from the second to the third without having to participate. But just because the ticket was in your ballon. Doesn't make it yours or the person who poped it. It's simply whoever fights for the claim. You're more than free to pop your own ballon to test your luck. In hopes of getting the golden ticket, but be warned if that's not the case and your ballon doesn't have the ticket. You are sent to Purgatory."

The crowd cheered as Lucas explained.

" Questions?" Lucas said amused.

" What's Purgatory?" Chase asked.

" It's what comes before the Losers Pit anyone in Purgatory does have a chance to redeem them self, but that's only if he-"  I loudly cleared my throat interrupting him. " Or she." He corrected.

" Collects a golden ticket getting them out of Purgatory or if someone decides to use their ticket in order to buy your freedom. Those in Purgatory will be at a disadvantage than those in the Winners Hall. Shorter times, tricky challenges but you're still in the game. Unlike those who are in the Loser Pit aka Hell Fire. Who are just completely out."

" How do you get out?" Gurney asked.

"The first one to be out of a challenge is thrown in Hell Fire. First 5 to Win are in the Winners Hall. Last 4 are in Purgatory. Those numbers will change as the game progresses. And as for those who are watching all bets are finale."

" Bets?" Gurney whispered. I nodded.

" They place bets on who they think well win,"  I replied. Pointing to Board which would eventually show us who was in the lead. Stars were placed by those who were better on the most.

" Why are so many people betting on you?" He asked.

I smirked, " Cause I won last year... in heels might I add." Gurney scoffed in disbelief.  He patted my back and whispered, "I doubt you'll win in skipper boots." Gurney slightly knocked his foot against the heel of my boot causing me to stumble.

" Jackass," I whispered. Gurney stuck out his tongue and flicked me off before walking off to bother Jasper.

Lucas stepped down from the patio and approached.

" I can find you some better clothes if you want. That skirt is pretty tight..." His eyes scanned over my body.

" Not that I'm complaining." He added. I rolled my eyes and playfully pushed his shoulder. " Perv."  I buttoned my skirt and slide it off with no shame revealing my black spandex. Lucas's eye weren't the only ones wondering. He chuckled observing the other players Chase and both boys eyeing me down.