DLDB:49

" So you're running away?"

I looked at Gurney blankly as I explained to him for the 100th time that I'm not running away.

" No dumbass I'm not running away," I replied with an eye roll.

" Then why is your suitcase labeled " Run Away Bag." I looked down at my Channel luggage bag which had a sticky note on it that had Run Away Bag written with a pink marker has clear as day. I had seemed to have a suitcase for nearly every occasion and even took out the time to label them when I was 14.

I quickly snatch of the sticky note as if he wouldn't notice.

"That's just the brand." I lied. " Now stop talking and help me carry my suitcases to the car." I picked up one of the smaller bags while Gurney struggled to carry the larger bag to the elevator.

Growing annoyed with all my bags Gurney dropped the on that hanging on my a thread and started kicking it into the elevator. " Hey!" I interjected.

"Hey!" He mimicked in a super high pitch voice.

Finally the elevator door shut.

" How long are you gonna be gone?" He asked.

" Why? You going to miss me?"

Gurney scoffed. " No you arrogant ass hat. With you gone I get to have the band come over and practice. I know that was you who filed a complaint on us last time." He said looking at me with narrowed eyes.

" I did no such thing," I replied faking shocked at such an allegation.

" Liar," he grumbled

" I'll be gone for 4 days," I confirmed.  "And by the time I get back you and your band better not sound like pure trash." I joke.

" The only thing that's pure trash is your dancing." He shot back with a smirk. The elevator door opened exposing the lobby. Jasper stood there with his hands tucked in his pockets, looking up at us just as the elevator doors opened

" Speaking of trash," Gruney mumbled.

" Be nice," I responded. As we exit the elevator Gurney gives Jasper a death glare still not over the events at the party.

" No promise." He replied

" Jasper, I said wait in the car," I whisper yelled as the women at the front desk Belinda watched us. No doubt about it she would tell my Father I was here, not only that but she makes sure to mention Jasper. The last thing I needed was her running her fat trap.

" I thought you might have needed help."

" Cleary not," Gurney interjects stepping forward with my bags, sizing Jasper up.