DLDB:32

Hazel hadn't come home. The quirky text message she had sent me was about her going on  a road trip with one of her lovers all while starting her career as a Youtuber/ Instagrams model. I gave her my ultimate support by replying " K".

Hours passed and I tried to sleep.

That was until my stomach woke me up growling loudly. I rolled out of the bed, my bare feet hitting the cold floor. Home was empty. The silence was suffocating. I kept the living room Tv on. I didn't like when the house was completely quiet. Even though I knew I was safe. Being home alone still freaked me out a bit. With sleepy eyes I opened the fridge.

I groan loudly.

" Just leave me here to starve-"

My words where cut short as I heard a light knock.

I looked over at the time on the stove 1:37 am.

Who's coming this late?

They knocked again this time harder than before.
Hazel?

Or worst....

DAD!

Damn it! I closed the fridge door quickly and looked around at the messy kitchen.

He'd flip if he saw it like this.

In full speed I grabbed the dishes practically throwing them in the dishwasher. I slam it shut rushing to the living room. I grab the blankets stuffing them in the hall closet.

Knock Knock!

I ran around the house trying to straighten up as much as I could.

" I'm coming!" I grab the remote changing the Tv from cartoons to National Geographic. 

Knock Knock!

Looking down at my outfit I grab Hazel's rob from the coat rack and wrap it around my body before finally going to the door. Forcing a smile I unlock it opening the door saying "Daddy you're home- Jasper!"

My eyes nearly feel out of my head as I caught sight of him. Certainly not what I was expecting. He was leaning against the door frame holding his side. His face bruised and his lip busted. His eyes where heavy struggling to hold up. " I m sorry I shouldn't have come here." Jasper coughed blood dropped from his lips " I'll go." Yet, he didn't his beaten body feel against mine struggling to hold up. He was the closes he had ever been with me. I closed the door with my foot. Lacing his arm around my shoulder. He towered over me his slim yet muscular frame was heavy.

" Jasper." Panic was in my voice. How it could not be! We where struggling to walk. I stopped and turned to him using my free hand to grip his face forcing him to look at me to look at my lips.

" Jasper I need you to walk baby, I can't carry you all the way." Baby. The words left my lips so naturally, so fluent. He was hurt, badly. But now wasn't the time to ask why or how. I just knew I needed to fix him. He used the hallway walls for support as we walked to my bedroom. The door was already open the bed clear in sight. I tried to sat him down gently but his large body crashed against the bed.

He groaned so loud, it hurt me to hear it. I had never heard that from him. He never raised his voice or hollered. The pain was evident.

" I'm sorry!" I cried out helping him back up. " I'm so sorry!" I repeated. Damn it I'm such a horrible nurse!

" It's."

" Okay." He reassured with with sharp breaths looking up at me still with heavy eyes. Looking at his condition I realized he would need a first aid kite. I hurried in my restroom digging through the cabinet to pull it out.