DLDB:69

" I don't know what it is, but for some reason we can't help but run to the ruins."

J O H N T H A N P I N E S

I was in love once. The kind of love to grand for movies to powerful to be fiction. Her eyes where the darkest set of brown, yet they where the brightest eyes I'd ever seen. Chocolate wavy hair that always pinned back . When I saw her, she didn't smile. Her lips where tight shut she sat at the conference table with my Father's law team. Clearly, the youngest no more than 23 amongst a table of older men except myself who was still in my prime of 27.  Those dark eyes where clearly trailed off and the soft angelic classical music that made lightly in the background captivating her attention her finger tapped lightly marking the rhythm and behind those brown puddles she was dancing.

My eyes never left her, she bit her cherry red lips oblivious  to the effect it had on the men around her.

Good God.

"1 million that's outrages." My Father roared

Snapping me out of it.

"  Well you are a billionaire." The girl mumbled to her self, hurt even then it was as if the music hadn't stopped playing in her head. It seemed as if she was zoned out not playing a bit of attention, when really she intoned to everything.

I snickered lightly and for the first time pretty eyes flickered my way, though she didn't seem to thrilled by me out all people being amused by her comment.

I thought she was stuck up.

" Careful Kat." The older man Luis Romano lightly whispered.

" No I'd like to hear..." I interjected even though it was suppose to be a private conversation. "  Ms... Kat is it?"  I questioned

" You call me Katherine." She corrected sharply " Katherine Romano."

She knew the weight her name carried, and her Father next to her even smiled with pride at the discreetly baffled reactions around us.

A Romano.

I thought.

Everyone knew the Romano's dominating in Corporate Law truly the best of the best. So good they where in are pay roll and trust me they weren't cheap. Romano's where sly and intelligent a complete powerhouse with a law firm that many consisted of  family. Law was in there blood, and although many of us knew about the Romano's long blood line of sons there daughter was more mystique and though my family worked with the Romano's for years today she had just shown up her presence dominating the room.

" Yes." I replied enchanted by her confidence. " Miss. Romano. How do you think we should deal with my little.... conundrum."

She scoffed at my chose of words such as " little."

" Mr. Pines sir my daughter is just an intern she still has a year left of schooling-"

"Double it." She causally said.

Now it was my turn to scoff and my Father and his employers to burst into laughter not taking the red lipped girl seriously.

She sucked her teeth clearly annoyed " She has a sex tape of the future CEO of this company which could not only ruin your brand but your income.  Your primary source of money is  from resorts and hotels. Who's goes to hotels and resorts?" She asked.