DLDB:62

Jasper didn't come to school

Jasper didn't come to school. It was no surprise, yet their was still disappointed that followed after. Although he wasn't their the scene at the bookstore was a hot topic. Classifed as rumor because most of the kids couldn't confirm it because they never stepped into the bookstore a day in their life. I sat at our lunch table and picked away at my sandwich while Bee and Nani talked endless. Zane and Lucas where off at a basketball practice leaving us girls alone. But I found myself wishing they where, Zane would keep Nani company and Lucas would always find a way to make me laugh, or piss me.

Carly walked by and pretending to be so deep in her conversation that she didn't see me. " Hey Carly." I greeted taking her by surprise.

" Oh, hey Kinsley. See you at practice." She replied with a wave. I didn't realize how a simple "hey" could spark so much attention yet, people say at the edge of their seat waiting for us to have cat fight.

Bee waited to Carly walked away to ask. " So you and the She Devil are friends now."

" Yep." I nod. " And don't call her that, she's actually a cool person. Just a little misunderstood that's all."

Bee snorts at my comment. " Misunderstood?"

" Yep." I say again popping the "p"

" So.... we like her now?" Nani asked

We

I don't think Bee or Nani had other friends beside each other and myself. At that use of the word "we" I started to get a better image of things. Nani was one for wanting approval and acceptance she craved it from her Mom, she wanted it from me. I never saw it until that moment, when she had to ask me if we liked Carly. I guess every choice I made was "we" thing. And just like Finn and Carly had their followers, I did too.

" Yeah... we do."

Nani and Bee's eyes widen as they caught sight of something behind me.

" Pines."

A shiver ran down my spine.

" Don't let fear control you."

" Finnegan." I reply dryly not looking back to face him. Seeing that it wasn't going to happen Finn took a seat next to me. He glanced back at Bee and Nani for a moment.

" Can we talk?"

" We are talking." I replied

He was clearly annoyed with my vagueness. " Privately." He glanced back at Bee and Nani for a moment. They waited on a signal for them to leave but it never came.