DLDB: 39 P2

PART 2

" Welcome to the party

" Welcome to the party."

They all were on edge watching Jasper closely. Wanting to see it... More like hear it happen. Lucas released Jasper's with a grin plastered on his face.
" Well?" He said " Jasper's jaw clenched knowing what that implied.

" Talking isn't a party trick jackass," I said stepping beside Jasper. " We're getting drinks." My hands laced into Jasper's guiding him away from my friends. While Gurney flopped on the couch next to Bee " Hey, Babe." 

We dodged through the crowd. Jasper's hand still in mine. It felt right...

Now it felt perfect.

" You look Hot Kins!"

" Hey Kins!" People said as I walked by. Others whispered eyeing me with confused looks seeing my hand laced with Jasper's.

" Who's he?"

" He's hot."

" Is that... The deaf boy."

Deaf. They whispered the word as if he could hear it. As if the word was forbidden as if it was harsh on their tongue.

I knew he felt it. The eyes watching him. The whispers, but when I turned around his eyes weren't on the massive crowd us, but on me.

We made it to Lucas's home bar, where a bartender was serving drinks. We both took seats on the stole.

" I'll take a coke," I say to the bartender. " And a shot of vodka," I add. The bartender nodded.

" You drink? Jasper asked.

" No."

" You?"

He shook his head. The bartender placed down the drinks and slide the single shot in front of Jasper.
It wasn't enough to get him drunk, but it would loosen him up a bit.

" You'll need it." Knowing I was right. Jasper didn't hesitate he took the shot. I giggled as he faces turned at the taste.

" You good?" I giggled

" That tasted like death." He replied.

This Feeling by the ChainSmokers blasted through the speakers. I bobbed my head slightly to the beat feeling the urge to dance. I smiled at all the carefree people on the dance floor envious at them for dancing.

Fuck it.

My attention snapped over to Jasper. I jumped off the stole and said " Dance with me." I didn't give him time to reply. Instead, I grabbed his hand guiding him out to the dance floor. The colorful neon lights flashing around us.

I began dancing feeling my body light up with the music, but I couldn't enjoy it unless Jasper did. He looked at with those pretty eyes.

" I... I don't know how to dance." He confessed nervously scratching the back of his head. I didn't stop dancing. My heart pounded in my chest following the beat of the music.