DLDB:65

"If we walk far enough, we shall sometime come to someplace

"If we walk far enough, we shall sometime come to someplace."

~ ~

                 " Kinsley." His eyes analyzed his surroundings. " So this is what my money goes to glitter and twirling."

My jaw clenches yet I force a tight smile " Should I spend it on Xannies like all the other kids?"

He chuckled " Daughter of mine, you're not like the other kids." He wasn't subtle about the distasteful looks he had given my friends

" Nice to see you to Mr.P." Gurney spoke.

" Adam." My Dad said in acknowledgement causing Gurney's group of friends to giggle at his first name. But my fathers cold blue eyes shut ended there giggles. And the tension that ran through the air was thick.

" What are you doing here Dad?" I asked bluntly.

" The same thing all the other parents are doing, being supportive."

I scoff and mimic " Father of mine. You're not like all the other parents."

" Damn right." Sully mumbled practically drooling, Peter nudged her to snap out of it. " Where all thinking it." She whispered loudly. " Where gonna go get those free candy canes." Roozy said grabbing Sully to prevent her from doing any more flirting she pouted as he dragged her away Petey following after them.

" After all theses years what made tonight so special?"

" Don't do this Kinsley, you know I'm haven't had the time."

" You didn't answer the question."

Years, after all these years he comes now. I imagined myself to be excited for this day. Years ago I would have wanted nothing more than to come to one of the shows. But now, now I don't want him here. He doesn't deserve to be here. Not with me or my friends the people that support me. He doesn't deserve to share this moment, nor does he deserve to ruin it.

" You're a child Kinsley. I don't have to answer your questions. Yet, since you asked so nicely. Tonights special because I'm here. I excepted to you be excited to see me." He proclaimed his face unwavering. Not smile, or glint in the eye.

" I thought You've would of known better than to expect things from me Father."

" I expect surprises. And your choice of friends certainly does baffle me. Care to introduce."

" Another time."

" Oh don't be rude Kins. I'm Beatrice sir." Bee said stepping forward.

" Right, I remember you. You're the Harvard girl." Bee raises her chin proudly. " That I am."

" Shame, Kinsley could use some company at Dartmouth next fall."