till the end of time

Start from the beginning

"not when you got hit by a truck, dumbo." hyunjin pouted, another tear passing by his flushed cheeks. it was almost as if he didn't run out of tears.

jeongin frowned at the sight. he didn't exactly expect that his friends would react this bad. it was almosy unbelievable how much they all seemed to care for jeongin. and the boy couldn't believe so himself. as if it was a dream. as it was only his friends that showed the only care he's ever felt as his father had lacked that certain trait.

jeongin pushed himself to the side, right beside the iv fluid, dripping; passing through a small tube that was basically now connected to his skin through a needle pierced down the back of his hand. once there was enough space, jeongin patted the free space as he turned to hyunjin who was confused about what jeongin was doing. "get here beside me, i need some hugs."

hyunjin was still awestruck at how in hell jeongin seemed to be calm. like it was one of their normal days wherein they cuddle shamelessly and end up sleeping soundly. but he couldn't help but comply, knowing how much jeongin liked hugs but was never vocal about it. this was like a first.

hyunjin slowly went and laid down beside jeongin, his long foot had hit jeongin's which made the younger groan in pain. "a-ah! hyunjin- i will push you the hell off if you hit my legs again."

hyunjin widened his eyes as he pushed himself back, leaving a prominent space between him and jeongin. the younger had finally calmed down from the pain, rolling his eyes at the fact that hyunjin really moved back. "are you being for real, hyunjin? i wanted hugs, but just prevent yourself from hitting my leg. the damage is all on there."

"i- alright, i guess." hyunjin uneasily went back to his original space, but making sure to slightly push his hips back to prevent any contact with jeongin's injured feet. jeongin noticed this, which made him suppress the urge to stifle a laugh, keeping in mind to stop teasing the older who was already beet red.

"you remember when i rolled my eyes at you when you asked me if i had a calculator?" jeongin asked with a small grin as he stared at the plain white ceiling. hyunjin had heard the question as he was trying to carefully wrap his hands around jeongin's waist, but he was taken aback by the sudden reminiscing that jeongin had uttered. "are you serious?"

"yeah. i remember when leo hyung got mad at me cause i was being mean." jeongin giggled slightly, remembering every detail of the encounter. "you sure are lucky that leo hyung had sided with you that time. ah.. that biased geezer."

hyunjin had remembered all of these moments that jeongin had decided to reminisce. every single detail of it. so he tightened his hold on jeongin's waist, whispering "you should've told me to come with you. i could've been the one driving."

jeongin gave him a disapproving look, "and what? get us both to crash and get in an accident? no thanks, llama." the younger rolled his eyes as he sighed deeply.

"in-ah, it was an accident. we could've prevented it from happening y–"

"i was spending time with minhyun-hyung cause i was planning to ask you out, and i was helping him to surprise dongho-hyung." jeongin said out of the blue. it put hyunjin's words to a halt, leaving him startled. "w-what?"

"but then i told him that i didn't want his help anymore cause i wanted him to spend his time with dongho-hyung." jeongin followed, never looking at hyunjin as he closed his eyes. he chuckled for a pause, "it really hurt to know that you don't trust either of us, especially your brother. but i guess... i understand cause of your whole situation with dongho-hyung and all that."

"jeongin-"

"but i hope you keep in mind how much i like you. too much. and believe me when i say that i don't say 'love' easily. it seems like that word just holds so much meaning and i don't like giving it away for no reason."

"so don't even think any further once i say that i love you so much. that i'm willing to do everything and more just for a mere giggle, or a smile plastered on your lips. that i'm even willing to court you and do all those things th-"

jeongin hadn't finished his sentence yet, but some soft and plump lips had already clashed against his own.

at first he was flustered, so he didn't know how to respond to yet. but then he realizes what was happening and closes his eyes, bringing his shaky hands towards the back of hyunjin's head. he couldn't feel it at first but then he feels hot tears beginning to fall down his face.

this was it.

he knew he wasn't the straight boy from some social media app. the in denial boy that couldn't answer once he was asked about hyunjin.

because now, he was the boy that made hyunjin happy.

and that was already enough to make him know that he fell so deep in love with hwang hyunjin.