BOOK 2- CHAPTER 4

"So, how's the engagement so far?"

Nick rolled his eyes and sucked his teeth. "Carrie, are you going to ask me this every single time you see me?"

"Well, I want to make sure that my favorite couple are together happily like PB&J!"

"Hey...we ate that the other day—were you stalking us?" Nick glared at Carrie.

Carrie rolled her eyes. "Nick, you do realize we live in the same area, right? I can go to the park to do jogs and exercises too, okay buddy?!"

Nick rolled his eyes. "Whatever." He sipped his drink.

"I gotta hand it to her, though...she's really tolerant of your horny ass."

Nick choked on his beverage. "Carrie, what the hell?! We're in a public café!"

The female fox held her paw to her mouth and cackled. "I saw the way you were fondling—"

"Carrie—" Nick hissed.

"The poor rabbit!" She finished.

Nick paused for a brief second. "I'm going to kill you."

Carrie grinned. "Oh, come on Nick! I want in on some of the fun! Not physically, though. I'm not into dating my relatives."

The foxes gagged at the sheer thought.

"Please..." Nick pleaded. "...don't ever mention that again."

Judy finally arrived. "Sorry guys, I was stuck on the line for the bathroom. It was such an annoyingly long wait."

Nick pulled a chair out for Judy, helping her up. "Thanks."

Carrie did a side profile smile. "Ooh, a gentlefox. Points for the lady."

Nick frowned at Carrie's horrible humor.

Judy grinned. "Did I miss anything?"

"No, nothing actually." Nick replied. "Carrie and I were just...spewing nonsense."

"Yep." Carrie agreed.

Judy shook her head but giggled. "I'd expect that from the both of you when you're together."

"Hey!" Nick cried. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"See? Judy gets me! But anyways, the original reason why I wanted to see you both, besides checking on you too, was because—" Pulling out her phone, Carrie showed Nick and Judy an invitation. "There's a party coming up soon, but it's going to be taking place at Square Garden. The tickets are...a little pricey, but it's going to be lots of fun!"

Reading off the invitation, Nick slurred. "And... you want us to come?"

"Well, duh! I'm showing you the invitation for a reason!"

Nick rubbed the back of his head. "...I don't know."

"Oh, come on!" Carrie turned to the rabbit. "Judy! Please, convince your boyfriend!"

"Well," Judy began. "It does sound like it'll be fun. Besides, I haven't been to a party since...since I've been in Zootopia!" Judy gasped, turning to Nick.

"Mmm, actually, we did go to one. It was Gazelle's concert remember?"

Judy rolled her eyes. "Well, I mean sure—but that wasn't like, a party where we dress formal and stuff."

"True that."

"So, what do you two say? Are you in?"

"I think me and Carrots should discuss this," Nick suggested. "Can you send me that invitation?"