35

[Because I never revealed to the audience how Angel looks]

Judy trembled in her spot, rubbing her arms. "This is not good...this is not good."

The door then opened, startling her.

"Carrot?" Nick peered through the door, noticing Judy standing awkwardly in the dark. "Carrot? What are you doing in the corner over there?"

Judy knew she had to speak up. What happened at that moment was something she was not expecting. "Nick, I have to tell you something-" But the whispers of Alec were repeated in her head.

This is our little secret.

No it's not. Judy forced her conscious to reject. But no matter how urgent her conscious was beating her into confessing to Nick what had just happened, she just couldn't bring herself to tell him. She was scared that Nick would put the blame on her for the tragic encounter.

Nick relaxed his gesture. She could tell that he was deeply concerned by the way she responded to him.

It was my fault... She told herself. Nick would blame me too...I should have screamed for help...

"Carrot?" Nick sang to get her attention.

He'd yell at me...and scream at me, I just know it...

"Judy, are you going to tell me what's wrong?" Nick asked even more nervous.

"N-No, never mind!" Judy panicked, but a sudden slam occurred, causing her weary statement to be cut off.

"Nick!" Angel gasped. "Have you seen Alec??? I've been looking for him!"

"No, I haven't." Nick spoke matter-of-factually. "I just finished with him about fifteen minutes ago, so I dunno where he's run off to. Knowing him, he's probably smooching on someone's girl."

Judy gulped.

"I'd hate to be in their boyfriend's shoes, if they were to find out."

"Hey, don't talk about my man like that!" Angel hissed.

"Hey, I'm just saying." Nick gestured his paws defensively.

Judy laughed hesitantly. "I think I should go now..." Judy quickly fled the room.

Nick arched an eyebrow. "That girl's been acting strange since I got in here..."

"Maybe she's on her period and she doesn't want to tell you?" Angel shrugged.

"Aye, watch what you're saying." Nick hissed. "I don't want her getting any ideas."

"Ah...right." Angel threw on a poker face at Nick's disturbing humor.

They stood awkwardly out of place just staring at each other. "You should go after her." She smirked. "Maybe something did happen."

"You know what? You actually said something that makes sense to my ears. Keep it up; I might actually like you for once!"