4

"So..." The guy dragged out the awkwardness. "What's your name?"

"Judy" Judy began. "Judy Hopps."

"Judy Hopps!" The guy repeated with enthusiasm. "I've heard about you! You saved the society of Zootopia from those evil animals!"

Judy rubbed the back of her ears. "Well...I wouldn't take all the credit. I did get help from Nick."

"Nick?" The guy said. "You mean that fox dude?"

"Yep! That's Nick..." Judy spoke fade. "So, what about you? What's your name?"

"Jacob Hares."

"Jacob Hares?"

"Yup."

"That's a fairly interesting name."

Jacob chuckled. "So, make a left here, right?"

"Mhm." Judy hummed. "Thanks for doing me this favor."

"Anything for a neighbor."

Arriving at Judy's apartment, Judy took her leave. "Thank you again."

"No problem, Judy." He smiled. "By the way, do you want to hang out together some time? Get to know one another?"

"That sounds nice." Judy and Jacob exchanged numbers and waved goodbye.

Entering her apartment, Judy slouched in a couch and turned on the TV to see what was on. She decided to see the cooking network to prepare dinner.

Thinking of creating a carrot top salad, Judy ran to the kitchen and began preparing the meal. After a couple of minutes of cutting carrots and pouring them into the pot to boil, she sat down by the TV and relaxed once more.

The bell rang, getting her attention and she went ahead to answer it. Opening up, her eyes were drawn from his chest, to his face. "Nick."

"Hey Judy, I missed you at work today."

"Yeah...I know." She sighed.

"What's up?" Nick sniffed the air as he walked in. "The aroma in here is great! What cha making?"

"Carrot Top Salad."

Nick's mouth dropped. "Seriously? My mom used to make that for me when I was little!"

"Seriously?" Judy giggled. "I thought you'd be probably eating meat."

"Nah, ever since my mom moved to the city, she decided to abstain from meats and preserve herself with vegetables."

"Reasonable woman." Judy commended.

"Heh...thanks." Nick sat in the dining area. He watched as she stood on a stool, to peek over the pot and stir the mixture.

"N-Need any help? You seem pretty short for a cook."

"Nah, I got this."

"You sure?"

"Positive." Judy tippy toed even more, struggling to see everything inside. Nick rolled his eyes and smirked, coming over. He lifted Judy, startling her. Judy turned her head up to Nick who stared with a concerned smile on his mouth.

"Go on, stir the food."

Judy smiled, and began stirring the food thoroughly. "Alright it's all finished!"

Placing her on the ground gently, Nick followed Judy with the pot to the sink to empty the water, placing it back on the stove.

"Okay, you've done enough, you can go sit now."