42

                                                             [Because Carrie was never revealed.]

"How's Angel?" Judy asked.

Nick shook his head, not responding.

Judy intertwined her hands behind her back and kicked lightly at the ground. She turned her head to face Alec, who sat by the bed, grasping Angel's hand, and touched his forehead to her hand. Judy felt pretty bad for the fox, as he moped, shaking a bit uncontrollably.

Judy then turned her attention to Carrie, who stood outside the door, and kept biting her nail nervously. She would mumble a few things here and there, but...she wasn't being herself—according to Judy's understanding.

"This is too depressing." Nick muttered to himself, standing up.

"If you don't want to stay here, you don't have to." Alec grumbled.

"Good. I wasn't planning to in the first place." Nick scoffed, closing his eyes. He was expecting Alec to make a smart remark at him, but he didn't. Nick peered through one eye, seeing that Alec wasn't budging.

"Well, I guess we'll be going then."

A fade sulk came from behind Nick and he quickly spun around to face the cry. Alec lowered his head and began sulking.

Nick loosened up, feeling terrible for his attitude. "Alec, are you okay---"

"What the hell would you know about being okay?" Alec snapped at Nick. "All you ever do is have all the good things in life come to you, and you neglect it, even when the problem is right in front of your FACE."

Judy's eyes darted from Alec's to Nick's and back. Nick was speechless by Alec's outburst. It was the first time he has seen Alec so deeply hurt by someone.

Alec gripped his face and backed away from them. "It's all my fault..." Alec muttered. "If I had just not..."

Judy's eyes widened.

Alec held back his words, clearing his throat. "Just get out." He demanded.

"What?" Nick questioned feeling offended.

"Just get the hell out. You don't want to be here. I don't want you here either. And you can go take that bastard of a cousin with you."

Nick snatched Judy's hand and glared at him. "Fine; and you don't ever talk about my cousin like that." Nick sneered, turning away and drove Judy out with him.

"Nick, wait!" Judy pleaded.

"What is it, Carrot?"

Judy lowered her head, pulling her hand away. "I think we should stay with him."

"Hah, and that's my cue to tell you to grow a pair of whiskers, and wake the hell up. Nick emphasized.

Judy blushed at the nearness of Nick's face. "W-What do you mean?"

"Alec clearly doesn't give a damn about us. You think us being there in the hospital room will make him change? He hasn't even attempt to change."

"You haven't changed much either." Judy muttered.

Nick heard her loud enough and sighed. "Don't even compare me to him."

"I'm not comparing you to him, Nick. You haven't really changed either."

"Oh really?" Nick crossed his arms and arched an eyebrow. "And how is that so?"

"Well first of all...uh..."

Nick tapped his foot rapidly waiting for a response. "Exactly, I have changed."

"And that's the point." Judy pointed out.

"Huh?" Nick asked confused.

"You've changed a lot ever since Alec came. You've been extra aggressive, harsher...sometimes I feel like you don't care about me anymore..."

Nick's eyes revealed a pain that Judy knew she'd seen before. "How can you say that, Judy...?"

"Sometimes I feel like, the only reason why you're acting so harsh is because you're scared of what may happen between me..." Judy blinked at her obvious statement. "...and Alec."

Nick scratched the back of his neck and sighed. "Well yeah, that is mainly the reason why."

"But at the same time, you've judged Angel harshly. Even now, I know that you still don't like her, even though she's suffering from this accident."

Nick looked away ashamed. "I guess you've got me there." He reluctantly chuckled. "I can't seem to argue with that."

Judy shook her head.

"But you know why I act the way I do, just as you explained. I honestly don't trust that couple; no matter what sorrows or pain they're going through. Sure, Angel's had a tough childhood. Didn't we all? Sure Alec has his ways of being annoying. Don't we all? But their personalities are on a whole different scale. They're the type of people who you just can't turn your backs on at any given second."

Judy didn't want to hear it, especially not about Angel. "Well I still trust her..." Judy spoke up to Nick.

"Her?"

"Angel."

"Right, you 'trust' her." Nick turned around and walked away.

Judy balled her fists, looking away. Carrie approached the bunny. "So...are you guys leaving?"

"I guess we are." Judy sighed. "Sorry I can't stay any longer..."

"Its fine...take care." A fade smile crept on Carries face; one filled with concern and heartfelt emotions.

Judy returned the expression and went ahead to catch up with Nick.

Upon arriving outside of the hospital, Judy didn't see where Nick had gone. "Where did he go...?" Judy mumbled.

Panicky, she spun left and right, making a right and sprinted as fast as she could. She didn't even run three yards, seeing Nick was leaning on the wall with his foot on the wall, holding something in his hand.

Judy slowly appeared before him and stood.

Nick stretched his hand out enough for her to see what was in his grip. "Carrie gave this to me."

"W-What is it...?" Judy asked a bit nervously.

"Oh nothing...just...a little apology for what had happened over the past week prior."

"Oh, I see..." Judy mumbled.

"Yeah..." Nick exhaled. "I think I'm gonna go get a beer."

"A beer?!" Judy gasped in horror. "Since when do you drink, Nick?!"

Nick's eyes then bulged, realizing that he spoke too loud. He has totally forgotten that Judy never seen him drink—besides wine.

"You drink, Nick? Are you serious? And you never told me?!"

"I'm sorry but that was over about a week or two ago. I was feeling really stressed because..." Nick's voice faded away.

Judy noticed that from his eyes, he looked as though he's been silenced.

"...I felt depressed."

"Nick..." Judy took Nick's face and touched her nose to his. "Drinking those type of things aren't good for you..."

"Okay, like is that the most important thing you wanted to talk about?"

Judy shook her head. "I just want to you understand that you can come talk to me if you have troublesome feelings." Judy assured.

"Easier said than done." Nick admitted.