50

The two couples were lodged in Angel's and Alec's room. Examining files, the couples were silent in their seats, trying to focus.

Nick would peer from time to time at Judy's files to see what she was working on. Alec just sat there, bored, eyeing the documents Chief Bogo handed him and sighed.

Tossing the papers further onto the table, Alec finally broke the silence. "Look man, why don't we all go out to dinner tonight?"

Everyone's heads perked up. "Say what?" Nick asked befuddled.

"Come on; is it bad to finally get along with the crew?" Alec queried.

"Yeah, I guess it can't be that bad." Nick shrugged.

"I guess you can count me in too then!" Angel cheered.

"Same here!" Judy waved her paw.

"Good, so let's meet around 7, and get to the restaurant by 9?" Alec suggested.

"Sounds like a plan."

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement.

Tossing his holster onto the couch, Nick threw himself onto it and exhaled dramatically. "Boy has it been a long day, right Carrots?"

Judy sat across from Nick and stretched. "Yes it was."

"Hey, now now, don't sit so far away from me, come to papa." Nick cooed, reaching his arms out.

Judy arched an eyebrow a bit questioned. "Uh...I only have one papa...?" Judy stood up hesitantly and slowly walked over to Nick.

"Ah, you know what I mean!" Nick grabbed onto Judy and laid her on his chest and petted her.

Judy smiled happily and sighed in gratification. "Sure I do."

"So what are you going to wear tonight?" Nick queried.

Judy tilted her head and leaned on his chest. "Dunno. I gotta check what I have. What about you?"

"Well what else? A buttoned down tux with a nice rosemary clipped to my chest pocket."

"Touché, you guys never have to worry about 'what to wear'." Judy grumbled.

"I guess it pays to not be a girl." Nick snickered.

Judy gasped, pushing herself away from Nick. "Hey!"

The red fox cackled, pulling Judy close to him once more. "Now I'm just kidding, only about it sucking to be a girl though. I'd hate to worry about what I would wear every single day."

"Oh, har har." Judy rolled her eyes.

"But that's beside the point. I can't wait to chow down on whatever I can get my meaty paws on."

Rolling her eyes once more, she dropped her head on his chest and nuzzled her cheeks into him for a brief second. "So, not to get off track but...what do you think of Alec?"

"Woah, Alec? Where is this coming from?" Nick asked curiously.

"Well...he seems to have changed in the last 4 to 5 months. He's way better than he was in the beginning."

"Well, I guess I can admit to that. If he were to be the same fox we knew from the beginning, I'd never even let him step foot in the same bathroom as me.

Judy chuckled slightly.

"But, anyways, what does it matter?"

"Well," Judy sat up and sat criss crossed in front of Nick. "I'm just glad we don't have to quarrel with him any longer. It was such a pain..."