12

Nick overheard some of the bigger cops speaking in the conference room. He heard that Ms. Bellweather may more may not likely be released from prison anytime soon. Eaves dropping for some time, he approached the bear and elephant.

"You said that Ms. Bellweather would be released?"

"Seems so." The bear said.

"Why???"

The elephant shrugged. "Who knows? Perhaps a conspiracy of some sort."

Nick held his chin. "We should probably keep on a lookout for anything.

"Sure thing." Both cops agreed.

Judy then walked in with her books in hand, settling in her seat. Nick spun to her in shock. "When did you get here?!" Nick gasped.

"I uh...just got in?" Judy replied a bit skeptical.

Nick then pondered to himself about Ms. Bellweather's release. What if she decides to seek revenge on Judy...?

Judy tilted her head, confused by Nick's rambling. "Uh...are you alright?"

"Huh! Yeah! I am!" Nick saluted the elephant and bear, running to go sit next to Judy. Chief Bogo came in, giving the same old lectures, until fifteen minutes were up.

After work, Nick took Judy be her hand, escorting her out.

"Where are we going?"

Nick paused outside at the entrance. "Would you like to go to the movies with me today?" He asked, slightly turning his head to her.

Judy's eyes twinkled. "S-Sure! What did you have in mind to see?"

Nick then stuttered. "Oh uh, I don't know, I didn't actually think about that!"

"Hmm..." Judy grinned. "Well okay, I'll still join you. When are we gonna go?"

"Right now!"

"Huh?!"

Nick took Judy home to change, and drove to the Zootopia Multiplex. "What about you, you aren't going to change?"

"Nah...I think I'm rather fine in this clothing." He affirmed.

The duo decided that they'd go and see a romantic movie. Awkwardly enough, the two sat next to each other, nearly phased by the kissing scenes within the film.

"Well, this is awkward." Nick muttered.

"You don't need to tell me twice...heheh..." Judy whispered.

Nick didn't want this evening to be awkward at all. He decided to try and reach for Judy's hand whose arm was resting on the armrest. Casually he scooped her hand into his, intertwining their fingers. Judy paused, her lips falling as she stared down at their hands that were glued, despite how dark the auditorium was.

She then looked up at Nick, who had a smile on his face, and kept watching the movie. Judy's heart began racing again. Her conscious kept telling her arm to have a spasm and release Nick's hand, or yelp in astonishment and shock, making the moment even more uncomfortable. Judy forcibly ignored the difficult thoughts that overwhelmed her, and slightly tightened her soft paw into his. Nick was stunned that Judy replied to his greet more calmly, not noticing how nervous the two of them actually are.

Towards the end of the movie, the actor admitted how much she loved her partner. Judy held her mouth, totally intrigued by the scene. Nick slightly glanced at her, amused by how tuned Judy was. He leaned over giving her a peck on the cheek. Judy jumped in her seat, snapping her neck to Nick who chuckled, looking back at the screen. He nonchalantly wrapped his arm around her shoulder, and breathed with pleasure.

After the movie was done, they held hands, exiting the room. Judy was still fazed. The thought of Nick's lips touching her cheek made her cheeks rosy and her insides warm. Weird thoughts began to loom in her mind. She kept blinking hard, trying to erase them quickly. "Impossible..." She muttered.

"Hmm?" Nick looked down at her who panicked.

"I-I didn't say anything!"

"I'm pretty sure you did, but okay."

Nick looked at his watch. It was only 8:00 PM. He led Judy to the park that was nearby. Sitting on the bench, they conversed for about an hour or so. Nick repeatedly checked his pocket, opening the black box, then shut it quickly when Judy tried to peak.

"What cha holding there, partner?" Judy asked in curiosity.

Nick terribly didn't want to hold it out from her any longer, but he swallowed his tongue. "Nothing, I was just checking my phone."

Judy arched her eyebrow a bit skeptical. "Okay...?"

Nick reluctantly laughed, shooting his eyes up to the sky. "Boy the stars are really pretty..."

Judy looked up, admiring the shiny lights. "They really are..." She agreed in awe. "I wonder how many are up there..."

"Trillions...Carrot...Trillions." Nick's hand slowly reached for Judy's paw that was resting on the bench. It naturally slid through. Judy tried her hardest not to glance at their hands.

"...Judy."

Judy flinched, slowly turning her head to Nick. "Yes...Nick?"

"Remember...that day when Jacob broke your heart?"

Judy turned away, reminiscing on the miserable thoughts. "...Mhm."

"I told you on that very day that I loved you."

"I remember." Judy agreed.

"Judy..." Judy was puzzled. Why was Nick using her name? Nick had never used her name seriously, except when Jacob tore them apart.

"Y-Yes...?"

"I was serious when I said that." Nick shot his stare to Judy, who was at a complete lost for words.

"What do you...mean?"

"I love you, Judy." Nick repeated. "There's no one else in Zootopia I'd consider protecting more than you."

"..."

"You showed me a wider perspective of life...there's more to being a fox than what other animals think."

"...!"

"You've taught me that I should never give up on being what I want to be...and trying never hurts to prove my oppressors wrong."

"...!!!"

"Judy..." Nick began.

"Y-Yes, Nick?"

"...would you be my girlfriend...?" He blurted.

Judy's eyes widened.

Nick...just asked me out?! B-But...how can this ever work?

"Nick I..."

Nick grimaced at the idea of being rejected, pulling his paw out of hers and turned away. "You don't have to say yes. I'm sorry I made you feel awkward."

Judy stretched her hand towards Nick's shoulder. "Nick..." Judy's eyes teared up, and she chuckled.

Nick turned to see why was this matter so funny. "I love you too!" Judy jumped on Nick, sending him flying off the bench with her clinging to him.

"Ack!" Nick blushed. Judy's little head was snuggling in his neck. He gently pets her head, getting on his two feet, carrying her to the bench. Judy sat back on the bench, her cheeks completely red. "I'm sorry I kind of lost it there...heheh..."

"Don't worry." Nick reassured, rubbing the back of his head. "I reacted the same way internally too."

Judy chuckled.

"So...what do you say?"

"Yes Nick." Judy said. "I'd love to be.

Nick's eyes widened, his smile opening up. "You...you mean it?"

"Mhm!"

Nick couldn't help but embrace Judy, as she clung onto him with a teary smile on her face.