37

A lone fox strolled through the park with an umbrella. He came across a station, noticing that a little bunny was lying there, presumably dead. He dashed over the wet ground, and kneeled next to her. "Judy...?" He exhaled.

He looked around subtly, and picked her up bridal style. "What is she doing out here in the rain...?" He pressed his ear to her breast. "She's still breathing, thank goodness."

The fox began his hasty trot home.

Arriving at home, he change Judy out of her clothes discreetly and humbly, putting on a large T-Shirt on her, which clearly wasn't fit for her size.

The fox laid Judy in his bed, feeling her forehead. "She has a fever...!" He gasped. The fox quickly ran and got some heating pads and a wet warm towel, laying the cloth across her forehead, and using the heating pads to loosen up any sore muscles she could possibly have.

An hour or so had passed, as Judy was finally becoming conscious. She squinted, trying to fight the blinding light that was above her, and shielded her eyes with her arm. "Where am I...?"

Judy could still hear the rain pouring outside, and she sat up, looking around. The room she was in was for sure not familiar. The door suddenly opened, startling the bunny, and they made eye contact.

"Oh, you're awake."

"Alec..." Judy mumbled.

Alec held a tray of freshly hot tea with herbs and some crackers with sharp cheddar cheese. "I'm glad you're up and talking." He walked over to the dresser next to the bed, and settled the tray there.

"What am I doing here...?" Judy questioned faintly.

Alec poured tea from the kettle into the cup and added some sugar. "I was walking through the park trying to clear my head...then I saw a little animal sprawled on the floor under that station. I thought to myself 'who could be that dumb to not make it home on time before the rain came?'" Alec handed her the cup and smiled. "And I saw it was you."

Judy blushed, and took the cup of tea. "Uh...I don't think I should..."

"Oh come on, I didn't drug it or anything."

Judy shook her head.

"Look, all jokes aside, I'm actually trying to help you. So just drink up man."

Judy sighed. She could feel the pain in her head, resulting in a head cold, and her neck was aching terribly. Judy had no choice but to accept Alec's regards for the time being. "Thank you..." Judy sipped the tea and purred with satisfaction. "It tastes really good..."

"You really like it? It's Oolong tea. My grandmother usually supplies me some of that each month." Alec bragged with a smirk.

"That's cool...so you're of Asian origin?"

"Yeah..." Alec slumped down on the ground and chuckled. "Funny ain't it? Us animals don't usually look like where we come from."

"Ain't that the truth..." Judy mumbled.

"So..." Alec dragged.

Judy took the butter knife from the tray and spread some cheese onto the cracker, munching on it and then combining it with the warm sensation of the Oolong tea.

"...have you told Nick our little secret?"

Judy wheezed at the awkward question. The idea of the kiss being 'their little secret' made Judy nauseate. It wasn't something she wanted to keep from Nick, but she had no choice but to. Despite those feelings, Judy refused to let Alec get the upper hand.

"N-No...but I will."

"Is that so?" Alec chuckled deeply.

Judy got out of bed, becoming infuriated. "You know what? Being here is a bad idea. I'm going to leave now."

"Why leave? It's still raining." Alec grinned.

Judy couldn't disagree. It was pouring like crazy. "Out of all days, why is today such a stormy afternoon..."

"Don't you watch the news?"

"Well, geez," Judy scoffed. "I was kind of in coma, so I guess not."

"No need to get fresh, princess. It was on the news all week and last. A hurricane is going to be passing for the next couple of days.

"What?!" Judy gasped. "I can't be here stuck with you!"

"Oh please, how bad can it be to stay with a hot fox like me?" Alec winked.

Judy groaned, covering her face. "Ugh! This can't be happening..."

"Oh, but it is..." Alec crawled over to Judy, tugging on her tail.

"Don't touch me!" Judy growled.

"Now calm down, I was just kidding!" Alec waved his hands in defense.

"I'm going to be leaving soon. I don't care if there's a hurricane out there. I'll make it home." Judy began to march to the door.

"Are you sure about that? Your clothes are still drying, and you know that you cannot defy the laws of physics. Your tiny little body will be scooped up by those powerful winds and we'll never find you again sweetheart." Alec smirked.

Judy balled her fists. "I guess I am stuck here then..."

"Yes, you are." Alec exhaled, resting his arms behind his head and closing his eyes.

"Alright, here are the rules." Judy jumped on Alec's stomach, startling him. She snatched his collar, bringing his face to hers. "If I'm going to be staying here, I want you to keep away from me, got that? I can't be too careful around you."

"Yikes, straightforward and pushy. I like that it a rabbit."

Judy scoffed, marching away.

V