Chapter Sixteen: The Battle For Earth

A few months later...

Fastening a belt to his person, (Y/n) buckled it up nice and tight when he looked over his shoulder at his wife and anchored his mouth in awe of her beauty. The Amazon princess remained oblivious to his staring at her until she noticed that he ceased movement and noise and gawked her head at him where she caught him staring at her. Her face flushed red as the corners of her lips curled upwards.

"You like it?" Diana cooed as she gave (Y/n) a twirl.

"I-I love it," stammered (Y/n).

"Well, don't saddle around admiring me, we've a dinner to attend. Barbara should be here any minute now."

Coincidentally, a knock came at the front door. Diana left the bedroom to answer the door while (Y/n) fixed a bowtie on himself before going after his wife to meet her at the front door.

"... so Lyta's already been fed. Feel free to help yourself to whatever you like, but make sure Lyta doesn't stay up past nine thirty. We should be back in a few hours, but don't feel the need to invite company that come in groups of three or more." Diana instructed a young orange-haired woman bound to a wheelchair.

"Oh, hello, Mr Prince-Wayne!" Barbara hollered when she set here eyes on the (h/c) man approaching them.

"Miss Gordon! You look well this evening. How're you feeling, sweetheart? You, uh, you feeling okay after getting outta hospital?" (Y/n) replied shyly, knowing that the topic was too much of a strain on all of them.

"Feeling much better now. The doctor says my body needs a couple of years to heal properly before I can attempt building up my muscle tissues and a few other things. Looking after a baby won't be a problem. I had some experience, as I've told Diana so there's absolutely no need to worry."

"That's good to hear. You be well now. Dear?"

Diana smiled and locked arms with him. "Bye-bye, Barbara. See you soon."

The orange-haired woman waved at the two as (Y/n) closed the door behind them, leaving Babara to baby-sit young Lyta Prince-Wayne. (Y/n) and Diana tarried along to attend dinner with some of their closest friends as per a recent arrangement on Bruce's behalf. It was at a fancy French restaurant where Diana, (Y/n), Bruce, Clark and Lois met up to catch up for old time's sake despite seeing one another just a few days ago.

The group of heroes were pleasantly established at a table within the restaurant. Lois was going spectacularly through her seventh month of pregnancy while Bruce seemed the only one without a woman as he envied his friends for finding their happiness. Halfway through the dinner, there was a commotion where a young boy ran in and approached the table the heroes were seated at.

"Billy? What's the matter?" Clark addressed the young teenager.

"You know him?" Lois questioned.

"Kid has powers. Got Clark's attention and invited him to his school." Bruce explained. "What's wrong, kid?"

The young teenager panted as he managed to speak after every intake of air. "Trouble... ocean... demons... big guy..."

Distant screaming caught everyone's attention to an invasion underway. Swarms of moth-people flew over Gotham as the terrors from above began to attack civilians. The restaurant was in progress of being evacuated as the heroes made haste to change and gear up before leaping into battle.