Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Shadow's Silhouette

Tibetan 

A cold atmosphere was there to greet (Y/n) when he took the long way to the Tibetan mountains where he first began his initiation as an assassin of the League of Shadows. The views were invigorating, the expansion of the valley made (Y/n) feel at peace with the way the world was developed. He was ready for battle and he was willing to risk losing everything for the sake of gaining that one thing back. 

(Y/n) was dressed in formal robes, equipped with only a samurai sword. He stood with his back to the palace, hands held behind his back, cancelling out all other noise but his own heartbeat. Shamanistic vibes radiated from within the palace. As much as (Y/n) would've liked to listen to the throat singing of the monks, he had to be ready and at peace with his soul for his fight. 

"A beautiful view, huh?" (Y/n) said randomly. 

The figure behind him tensed, shocked that he detected their presence. 

"You can take off the mask, Daiyu. I want to see your true face. Not the façade you use when you killed your own people." 

"You mean your kind," said the figure, revealing a feminine voice. 

She pointed a katana at him as she used her free hand to unbandage the mask over her head. (Y/n) glanced over his shoulder before turning his body so that he was fully facing her. He noticed that while she wielded the same katana she personally engraved during the late stages of her training to become a ruthless assassin. 

She also carried the tanto of her mentor on her person, most likely the same item she would use to motivate him to impale himself - to die with honour, something that she still valued - anxiously anticipating the moment where she would conclude her naïve quest for vengeance. (Y/n) reached his dominant hand across and drew his katana before admiring the craftsmanship of the blade and delicately traced his fingertips along the flat surface. 

"Are you sure this is how you want to do this?" (Y/n) asked. 

He hoped that she would share some sort of regret before they initiated their duel, but through her cold, dead eyes, all he saw was barren texture of naiveté. (Y/n)'s foot shifted so that he was now leaning on his non-dominant leg, his right leg slid back a tad along the dirt with his sword surfaced up to his face horizontally flat up. 

As soon as their blades scraped together, there was no backing down. 

The two fought it out, acrobatics became a factor as Daiyu used her youth and rage to benefit her success. What she failed to anticipate was how skilled (Y/n) reaction-wise as well as how heavy his light attacks were. While they both put up a good fight, drawing first blood was something Daiyu strived to achieve.

(Y/n) thought nothing about the cut on his left bicep and quickly shrugged it off before advancing against his former pupil and used most strength in his upper body to deliver swings to push Daiyu back. While (Y/n) didn't wish to hurt her, convincing her to see the error of her ways seemed dire. The two ended up putting distance between one another, catching breath.

"I looked after you, trained you, made you who you are now... you think I would ever dare betray you?!" (Y/n) yelled outrageously.

"You realised how lethal I can be. You sought out my own demise when I took out the League. I'm unstoppable, (Y/n). And I will not rest unless you kill me..."

"I cared for you, I loved you! You were like family to me!"

"DON'T YOU DARE TALK TO ME ABOUT LOVE! I WAS ABANDONED, LEFT TO BECOME THIS MONSTROSITY! ALL YOU CARED ABOUT WAS THE LEAGUE'S BENEFITS!!"

"That's not true! You're m--"

"SHUT UP AND FIGHT!!"

Daiyu sprinted forward with murderous intent laced behind her eyes when (Y/n) gave a light stomp of his foot which shifted the ground beneath them. The cracks in the ground expanded only enough for her to lose her footing and momentum, her sword slipped out of her hand, evidently hurting her foot badly.

"Yield..." (Y/n) whispered with a trembling voice. "Don't make me kill you."

Daiyu looked up at the (h/c) man and frowned, her jaw clenched as she stared daggers at him, wishing murderous intents against his life.

"This, is not over." Daiyu snarled before she dropped a smoke bomb and vanished into thin air three seconds later.

(Y/n) relaxed, but not completely, knowing that with her still out there, his life and that of his wife and daughter were at risk. With his business temporarily concluded, (Y/n) used his earth-bending abilities to launch him into the sky like a rocket, his course directed for Norway.

But what was supposed to be a simple trip home became an issue when (Y/n) was struck by an overwhelming headache. The pain he felt created a tremor of such disastrous magnitude that (Y/n) truly came to dread the outcome of his repetitive migraines. Instead of heading for Norway, (Y/n) altered his course and headed for Themyscira.