Chapter Two: The American Odyssey

Eighteen year ago...
Wayne Manor, Gotham City

Attending a funeral had a morbid atmosphere that had the tendency to devour all happiness. Unfortunately, in this case scenario, all happiness and chance for a normal life was horrifically visualised in the eyes of a young boy whose parents were murdered in cold blood by a thief who had a gun. Now, that boy was no more. In his place was the enigma that was the fear that struck into the heart's of criminals and the hope of the people.

At the conclusion of the funeral, said boy peered out the misty window which was sprinkled with droplets of rain as he watched a friend disappear into a car. A voice called out to him, providing a slight distraction from the thought of the murder that replayed constantly in the boy's mind knowing that a meal would do the boy good.

"I thought I might prepare a little supper," said the butler.

The boy refused to acknowledge the man well into his sixties as he took the silence as his cue to leave when suddenly the boy spoke his name in a frail manner that ached the butler's heart.

"Yes, master Bruce?" The butler responded more cheerily, hope in the tone of his appeal.

"I-It was my fault, Alfred. I made them leave the theatre," sobbed the boy as he expressed his guilt for the death of his parents.

"It was nothing that you did. It was him and him alone. Do you understand?"

The brown-haired boy nodded friskily and wiped the tears from his cheeks with the sleeve of his blazer before running to the man he looked up to and cried in his stomach.

"I miss them, Alfred. I miss them so much."

"So do I, Master Bruce... So do I."

Present day
Themyscira, Greece

At the conclusion of dinner, the princess of Themyscira took a spare bowl of mashed potatoes with her to the dungeons where the only male prisoner resided. While it was very uncommon to provide a meal to a prisoner of Themyscira, it was out of the ordinary for a prisoner - and that of a male whose species was unwanted in a community of Amazonians - to take residence in the dungeons. The first meal provided was from that of (Y/n)'s saviour, Diana. With ease of clearance through the dungeon, Diana quickly found herself standing within the large room that was (Y/n)'s cell.

The black-haired woman raised her eyebrows when she spotted (Y/n) having a bath which in turn caused her cheeks to flush in embarrassment of seeing him naked from the waist up. The (h/c) man didn't come to notice until his gaze drifted towards the door when he caught the black-haired woman staring. Coyly, (Y/n) submerged himself under water up to the bottom of his neck and waved at the woman staring at him with red cheeks.

"H-Hi there." (Y/n) chuckled nervously.

Snapping herself out of her thoughts, Diana approached and handed him the bowl of mashed potatoes when suddenly he hastily ate his meal before letting out a belch that Diana found not repulsive at all due to spending time in Man's World.

"Thanks. That was delicious for just a bowl of mashed potatoes." (Y/n) said appreciatively as he licked his fingers clean without making eye contact with the black-haired Amazon.

"May I ask you something?" Diana asked ever so politely.

"Shoot."

"Why are you so eager to find love--"

(Y/n) cut her off abruptly and yelled, "I'M (Y/N) WAYNE! What's your name, miss...?"

Diana jumped at him raising his voice before regaining composure and smiled brightly at the (h/c) man sitting naked in the bath in front of her and offered to shake hands.