Chapter Thirty-Four: So You Finally Did It

Earth

To an abandoned warehouse, Diana was taken. After being jumped by the one and only Clown Prince of Crime, Diana was immobilised by her own lasso which was used to keep her from breaking free and tearing Joker a new one. Due to her history with Joker, Barbara struggled to make effort in order to prevent anything terrible happening to Lyta or Diana as she too was taken away and blindfolded.

Both Joker and his partner in crime, Harley Quinn, revelled in capturing someone like Wonder Woman. The crummy warehouse where they were kept was a typical choice of locale for any sort of crime, added to the fact that it was dark and wet in Gotham Bay.

Diana awoke to find herself bound by her wrists hanging above her head, her lasso connected to her wrists and a hook that hung from the ceiling as she was seated on her knees. Lurking in the shadows was the Joker himself. Harley approached and blocked her view of the Joker.

"Wakey, wakey, Wonder Babe!" Harley sang, lightly slapping Diana's cheek.

Diana growled, not at all frightening Harley. Lights from outside the warehouse as well as the moonlight managed to illuminate a small portion of the room, some of which enabled the three to make out their surroundings in the dark.

"Touch me again, and you will lose that hand, Quinn." Diana snarled threateningly.

The blonde woman giggled immaturity at her demeanour and simply brushed it off while the Joker acted more seriously between the two.

"Oh, why spoil the fun, my dear? You know, with how premature people's deaths are, you may as well go out with a smile on your face," said Joker. His voice was relatively the same, had it not been for the slight coughing fits.

"You mean the people you murder! You murder and maim innocent, good people simply because you find it all amusing. This is no longer a game, Joker."

"Puh-lease! I do it because I can, my dear! And if you showed any backbone, you'd have done it time and time again. Why? Because it's easy. It's like a drug: you can't get enough of it; it manipulates the way you think, makes you enjoy the taste of it, the way it makes you feel. You just gotta have more! And the way I do it, people will always fear me."

"Are you so sure about that? Think about it, Joker. You don't sound too well. It's funny what people were saying about you. They rumour there's nothing wrong with you..."

As Diana's voice trailed off, the Joker slowly walked over to her, the bottom of his shoes clapped against the cement as he stood half a foot away from her and bent forward. His natural white face glistened in the light. Not only that, but it also revealed the grotesque of his face.

"Nice if you to say, but your hubby and his brother should - of all people know - there's plenty wrong with me..." Joker smiled sinisterly. "You know, the last time I had some alone time with a little Super Schlub like yourself. Oh, how the good times go. At least I have you, now..."

Upon stretching his arm back, Harley handed him a crowbar which he gripped tightly in his hands. Tensely, Diana watched as the Joker raised his crowbar arm up and threw it downwards, hitting Diana hard on her cheek. Further strikes became tormenting as despite her being a demi-Goddess, she wasn't invulnerable to everything.

In fact, it hurt. Quite a lot.

The more Joker did it, the closer Diana came to being broken mentally. Could she take much more? How much longer until she finally snapped? To the point that the crowbar had started to cut her durable skin, Diana began to lose her ability to stay awake, even if the constant beating went on for well over half an hour. Eventually, Joker's arm got tired and he took a breather to rest his arm from beating Diana senseless for the past half hour.