Chapter Forty-One: More Theatrics!

Bruce had taken a long rest after countless nights of dressing up as the Batman, especially after being wanted for the alleged murder of the Joker. This time, he was dead for sure. With the care of his faithful butler, Bruce was able to make a fast recovery, especially after the multiple stab wounds he received back in the Tunnel of Love. Whilst he recuperated from recent events, Alfred strolled in with a phone handed out to him. He took it and answered the call. 

"Hello?" Bruce spoke lazily. 

"Hey, bro. It's (Y/n). I, uh, was just wondering if you could help me with something?" (Y/n) replied in an uplifting manner that seemed to pose no effect on his exhausted brother. 

"What do you need?" 

"How big are you on drama-theatre?" 

"Not a big fan. Especially after... you know. Why?" 

"So, y'know how in the years we've been fighting alongside each other we've fought demons, gods, monsters, aliens and all sorts? Well... there's a new kind we're going for. And this one goes under the topic of Norse Mythology." 

"Let me guess. The Norse God of Thunder, Thor, came to Midgard in search for his brother, Loki." 

"How the hell did you know that?" (Y/n) asked with a higher pitched voice. 

"It's me, remember?" 

"So can you organise a--" 

"Be in Florence at eight o'clock. I already funded el carnivale for the night. I just hope you know what you're doing, brother." 

"Thanks bro. Owe you one." 

"You owe me more than one!" 

Bruce chuckled to himself, knowing that whatever his brother was up to was for a good reason, simply not for a fun time. 

Florence, Italy  

Much planning had gone into organising not only the festival but also the play that would lure the God of Mischief. On the night of the carnival, (Y/n) and Diana rocked up in Italy donning black and white and golden masks. She fabulously wore a Tuscan silk dress while (Y/n) donned white robes. They were separated only for a while, discreetly stealing glances at one another like they were  star-crossed lovers about to profess their feelings. 

However, Diana couldn't help but feel insecure with her husband being around other strangers who didn't know their place, and vice versa. Her paranoia made her believe that she knew what other women were thinking whenever any recognised the famous (Y/n) Prince-Wayne. Unfortunately, her fears began to haunt her when a daredevil approached her husband and made petty attempts at wooing him. 

With how stoked her jealousy was, Diana began to find it difficult to find something to take her mind off of the woman receiving her husband's attention. However, she started to get curious and repositioned herself within earshot to overhear their conversation while the band played a more delightful, rhythmic tune. 

"Hai un bel coraggio a mostrarti qui stasera, Maria. You've got a lot of gall showing yourself here tonight, Maria." 

"Oh per favore, mia amata, (Y/n). Non crederesti a quanto mi sei mancato; ti desideravi. Dopo quella notte che abbiamo passato a Roma, non mi hai mai lasciato la mente. Oh please, my beloved, (Y/n). You would not believe how much I have missed you; craved you. After that night we spent in Rome, you never left my mind." The woman with blonde hair purred back. 

"Controllatevi, donna! Sono un padre di famiglia ora. Non ho intenzione di essere infedele a mia moglie. E ' qui, sai. Quindi ti consiglierei di lasciarmi in pace. Control yourself, woman! I'm a family man now. I've no intention of being unfaithful to my wife. She's here, you know. So I would advise you to just leave me the hell alone."