Chapter Twenty-Two: Am I Blue?

Come morning, a splendid awakening was brought to (Y/n) and Diana. The (h/c) man awoke to having an arm laid across his bare chest and the sight of his wife laid on her front, still in deep slumber. His fingers delicately pulled strands of hair that obscured him adoring her features before getting up to begin his day. Until she was ready, Diana got out of bed and went to have a shower before going to have a lovely breakfast with her family.

(Y/n) had created a delicious bacon and eggs for breakfast. The smell lured the black-haired woman over to eat with her husband after collecting her daughter from her cot and made their way to accompany the (h/c) at the dinner table.

"Mm. Good morning, honey. How did you sleep last night?'" Diana purred and reached her arm across to brush her husband's cheek which was puffed out due to having a mouthful of food.

(Y/n) hummed and swallowed his mouth full of food. "Good! Good, surprisingly. You, babe?"

"Pretty good, all things considered. Like, us. I'm hoping to make amends in hope that you will reconsider that I truly am all yours and no longer... no longer Steve's. He's g-gone now."

"This is my fault. If I hadn't been so grouchy you wouldn't be here with your loss sparking your emotions to run wild again. I'm sorry, Dee."

"No," she sniffed and wiped her eyes. "You needn't apologise. Right now, I just need to focus on us. I propose we do a patrol this evening and spend time like old time's sake."

"And who would you recommend to be our daughter's babysitter? Or have you forgotten what happened the last time we were away stopping some brick-headed alien invader?"

"I can assure you it won't happen again. If you do not prefer Barbara, then whom?"

(Y/n) pondered for a second when his wife thought of exactly whom he was considering. Her response was quite dramatic in the sense that she could not see whom (Y/n) was thinking of as an ideal babysitter.

"Oh, give him a chance, Dee. You never know how things might turn out - in fact, he could be the best babysitter we've ever hired." (Y/n) protested in a humorous manner that entailed the smile that cracked on his face.

"No. I love your brother but I just cannot see him as a babysitter, let alone the singular parent to raising an infant. A teenager, yes. But a baby? I might as well be hiring Arthur to look after Lyta." Diana disagreed strongly.

"What about Alfred? If not Bruce, at least Alfred. He's been my family's most trusted member since long before he founded Wayne Enterprises. A-ha. See? He's a good choice, Al. It's settled. As for today, how do you want to spend it? We could, you know, drop Lyta off early so we can have the whole day to ourselves..."

Diana rolled her eyes at his seductive expression. While what he suggested wasn't out of the question, she pondered about the idea of how they could pass the day.

Shortly after breakfast was concluded, (Y/n), Diana and Lyta were dressed accordingly for their going out where (Y/n) took to driving his family up to Wayne Manor well out of the city limits.

Come evening, (Y/n) and Diana were disappointed to find that all they could do was sit by and do nothing. There was no excitement whatsoever until the twentieth hour that night. The two lovers were perched on a rooftop overlooking an art museum beside a popular nightclub where young couples were seen wandering around the entrance.

Diana began to lose herself in her thoughts when she felt a hand touch her bare shoulder, shaking her lightly to draw her attention to a simple burglar attempting to break into the back entrance into the art museum. Now that they were finally about to get some action, the two sprung into action to confront the criminal. Things did not go as expected when the criminal managed to magically transform a crowbar into a live snake. (Y/n) barely dodged the snake that flew for his head when it slithered away.