Chapter Six: Calling Cards, Curses and Demon-Dwellers

Nine days later...

The chaos that near devoured part of Gotham had been dispersed and there was relative normality which consisted of night time activities by criminals and thugs while a higher class of scum plotted how to prosper from the GCPD that dared stand up against them since the most influential kingpin, Roman Sionis, went into hiding. Now, that left the members of the mob to handle things themselves. Since then, Wayne Manor had been put under reconstruction while Bruce's penthouses would be occupied by himself, his brother and his girlfriend, Diana Prince.

During the day, a meeting with the mob was held in the privacy of one of their members' stores where they devised how to safely keep their money away from the GCPD and the cop that devoted his time in taking down the mob. Commissioner James Gordon; a supporter of the Batman. What the mob failed to consider was a new competition to arise with a plan. A grand scheme that would go awry due to their fixation with a particular cape-wearing do-gooder. Members of the private meeting turned heads in the direction of a voice fake laughing.

"And I thought my jokes were bad," said the stranger uninvited to the meeting.

The room full of criminals stared at the stranger menacingly and with a desire to laugh at their appearance that they found stupid than intimidating. At least until one of the higher members of the mob threatened the newcomer he was taken seriously after single-handedly outsmarting a henchman of one of the main members before taking a seat at the end of the tables formed in a square. Now, he had the mob's attention.

"Oh, and by the way, the suit? It wasn't cheap. You ought to know, you bought it." The stranger chuckled only to his own amusement.

The same mob member that threatened the uninvited guest sprung up to his feet with murderous intent, only to have one of his allies request he sit down in order to hear the proposition the stranger came all that way to share.

"Let's wind the clocks back a year: these cops and lawyers wouldn't dare cross any of you. I-I mean, what happened? Did your balls drop off? Hm? Y-You see, a guy like me--"

The same mom member whose disliking of the newcomer cut him off with a rebuking comment. "A freak."

Yet the stranger did not let his words get to him and continued speaking.

"A guy, like me... look, listen. I know why you choose to have your little group therapy sessions in broad daylight. I know why you're afraid to go out at night... The Batman. You see, Batman has shown Gotham your true colours. Dent? He's just the beginning. And, and as for the, uh, the television's so-called plan? Batman has no jurisdiction. He'll make him squeal! I know squealers when I see them, and..."

"What do you propose?" A mobster questioned with a strong Russian accent.

"It's simple. We, uh, kill the Batman."

Men in the room but the main mob members cackled with more fear than doubt. Yet, Batman was not invincible, rather a symbol.

"If it's so simple, why haven't you done it already?" A more well-common crook asked, deadpanned.

"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

The Russian considered what the stranger was alluding to and asked, "How much you want?"

The stranger leaned forward and uttered, "Uh, half."

Again, the audience chuckled heartily. Some made rude comments while others name-called the stranger in the purple suit with dark green-dyed shoulder-length hair.

"If we don't deal with this now, soon, little, uh, Gambol, here? Won't be able to get a nickel for his grandma."

The one who didn't take kindly to the intrusion of the man in the purple suit slammed his palms on the desk furiously and fully removed himself from where he was positioned at the table and attempted to storm over to the stranger who in turn opened the left side of his blazer, revealing hand grenades armed to detonate at the pull of the pins. Half of the room closest to the stranger jumped up from their seats also but moved in the opposite direction in which Gambol wished to go whereas others remained where they were either stunned or unprovoked he'd blow them all sky high.