Chapter Twenty-One: Be Careful What You Wish For

It was too late to realise how far Diana had gone after recovering her beloved Steve. While she was most grateful that her wish had been granted, she was very suspicious of its magical properties and aimed to investigate its origins. It would not be easy, however, due to its origin being tracked throughout history but until she would get a proper look at it, she would later come to discover something truly terrifying.

Once in Diana's apartment, the two found comfort in the more gentle atmosphere as most of Diana's property consisted of all things expected to be seen in one's home, but the additional pictures of friends and loved ones certainly stood out. Steve responded with indignation towards Diana's moving on from him despite him being pleased that she did. But the pain of having to choose was something he didn't want to bring onto her.

Diana noticed her phonebook wide open to a page that started with the first initial of her first name and spoke out about it. "Oh, so this is how you found me."

"Yeah, the phonebook. I guess some things are just future-proof."

"So you broke into my apartment?"

"Yeah, I tried to use the bike at first. I couldn't really figure out how to get it going, so I ran over and saw you come back. Aaaand I was stunned. There you were. So I, uh, followed you. Like a creep. Diana, look at you. It's... it's not like not one day has passed."

The smile on Diana's lips remained unquivered at her revived adoration for her previous lover.

"I can't say the same about you," said Diana.

"Right, right, right. You're... you got married? You have a kid now?"

"Yes. We have been together for a long time now. His name is (Y/n). I think you'll love him."

"A-And your kid?"

"Lyta Prince-Wayne."

"Wayne?"

"You knew of one in the army?"

Steve shrugged his shoulders.

Now on the topic of her family, Diana thrilled herself in sharing with Steve everything he had missed out on in the past seventy or so years. For the remaining hour, Diana spent teaching the professional pilot about things that he needed to catch up on before they retired to sleep. Knowing her status, Steve kept his distance yet kept close for their prolonged absence in each other's lives.

That next day, Diana woke up refreshed and anew but with a very strange feeling that something was amiss. Disregarding the strange sensation, Diana awoke to her ex-boyfriend crunching on something while sharing her bed. The dirty blonde man's expression became shocked as if he were a child caught eating past their bedtime. Innocently, Steve explained that all he had to eat were Pop Tarts which left crumbs on his chest and the sheets.

Before their day out, Diana helped her old boyfriend in fixing his habiliments so that he no longer looked reprehensible in her eye. Even not being a couple anymore, Diana allowed Steve's eyes to wander about her body as she searched extensively through her closet for choices that would best suit her ex-boyfriend.

"So you said, a stone started all this?" Steve inquired as he tucked in his shirt.

Diana nodded her head as she continued to search for something that she thought would match Steve's looks.

"This is... dynamite. What do you think?"

As enthusiastic as he was, Diana couldn't help but lay it down as gently as she could that she did not approve of his attire at all. "Yeah... Yeah? Yeah nnuhh... I think we can do better."