Chapter Twenty-Four: Family Feud

"Father...?" (Y/n) thought in his head. 

Motioning his lips to speak words, (Y/n) was not given the chance before he was knocked unconscious to spend time in his own dreamland. Almost after being knocked unconscious, (Y/n) quickly came around and found himself bound upright with rope holding his arms above his head. 

Groggily, (Y/n) came about as did the pain in his shoulder and on his eye. The pain was something he could relatively shake off, but only when he realised company was present, he was able to take his mind off his shoulder but only for a short amount of time when the pain came striking back. 

"You're awake," brooded a feminine voice. "How is your shoulder? Not too sore for you?" 

(Y/n) ignored her comment and reacted in mild fear. "Where the hell am I?" 

"I welcome you to planet Earth, father. Are you proud to see what has become of this repugnant world? Man's World, now a desolation." 

"So you decided to string me up in your cave - your own father, no less? How can you do this, Lyta?" (Y/n) shouted, the excitement created adrenaline that dulled the pain in his shoulder. 

"BECAUSE YOU DESTROYED HUMANITY!!" 

Shocked by her sudden outburst, (Y/n) furrowed his brows together without any possibly idea as to how his sacrifice resulted in Earth being what it was now. The pure angst within her eyes carried a powerful grudge, hatred that ran so deeply it replaced the blood in her veins. 

"When the Injustice Gang caused mayhem, it was all to set a trap to lure in Superman. But what was not expected was you taking the fall instead of the almighty Superman. As a result, a paradox was created in which your death sparked a need for unity between the Amazons and the Atlanteans." 

(Y/n) listened closely as he was keen to know what fate had befallen his wife. 

"The king of Atlantis was not completely forward with marrying the princess of the Amazons, but when the king's lover became jealous of this partnership, a fight to the death was declared. Only, it was a losing battle for Atlantean. When word got around of her murder, the truce was null and void. War broke out between both factions; the people of Earth were caught in the middle of their feud that billions died. War raged on for hundreds of years - longer than the lifespan of an Atlantean - in which neither party were willing to surrender. In the end... nobody won. I alone, survived this holocaust." 

"And... of the princess?" 

"Princess? I think you mean, queen." 

"I mean, what happened to the former queen of Themyscira?" 

With a dead face, Lyta answered, "Murdered in the Atlantean siege on Themyscira." 

(Y/n) shook his head and frowned. "For what it's worth, I thought sacrificing myself would mean you and your mother would prosper without me, that she'd move on and forget about me. I'm sorry, child." 

"No you're not..." 

Lyta then moved herself three paces back so that a mechanism could make the floor around her captive disappear to expose a pit below. The rope around his wrists connected to the ceiling detached, causing him to fall into the pit where the impact made a sound that gave (Y/n) the notice he was in a metallic room. 

(Y/n) was no longer in his own company, rather that he was now in someone else's. 

Behind him was a figure so lifeless (Y/n) almost thought it were his imagination. But it wasn't his mind playing tricks on him. Before him was a hulking figure nine feet tall, arms raised due to the chains that linked to the mechanism behind it.