Chapter Thirty-Eight: To Hell And Back

Themyscira

The land of free women was bustling in the seven hundred thousand years of its existence. (Y/n) was greeted by a small patrol of Amazon warriors who seemed most pleased to have (Y/n), a man worthy of their beloved sister, return after such time since his last visit. From there, he took a smaller effort in heading for the city itself by surfing on a long flat bit of concrete.

The surf was enjoyable and thrilling as (Y/n) let the wind hit his face. An unidentified bit of shade caught his notice. Looking up, he noticed something above him until he looked forward and suddenly pulled to a stop, slipping off his board onto solid ground.

"Barry?! What are you doing here man?" (Y/n) acknowledged the Scarlet Speedster who simply gave him a fond smile in return.

"(Y/n), a little heads up, Clark is not quite happy with you - a fair warning," was all Barry said before more company arrived.

The entire Justice League was present for their search for (Y/n). Now that they found him, they were quick and cocksure to confront him about a pressing matter that's been on their nerves for quite a while now.

"G-Guys? What's going on? Why are you looking at me like that?" (Y/n) asked nervously. He had every reason to be uneasy as the last time they were battle-ready and grimace.

"Beloved, I need you to remain absolutely calm... we do not want to panic you but it's important you know something." Diana spoke first, mostly for her love and her duty to her husband.

"Cut the bullshit already. You guys look how you did when Clark was brought back to life. Just give it to Mr straight. What did I do now?"

"(Y/n), you..."

"It's about the tremors we've all been feeling."

"Turns out it's much, much worse than we thought."

"We know you mean well and and all, b-but..."

"Your latest quake just killed two hundred thousand people in worldwide."

The news came so suddenly that (Y/n) had no confident way of imagining his migraines would bring about such worldly chaos. He became numb as he felt immeasurable guilt for the blood that was on his hands. Claiming an innocent's life was traumatic enough, but two hundred thousand was far too troubling, with the potentiality of being kicked out of the League.

"(Y/n)..." Diana frowned miserably.

"I-I never meant to... I swear I was going t-to fix this."

"How? People are dead because of you." Arthur said harshly.

Diana looked his way and scowled him.

"No, no. He's right. I did this. I have to pay for it. I'll redact my curse and it won't happen again, but I'll be off the team for good. I'm no hero. What kind of a hero does this?"

"It was not your fault. It was Faust's."

"And you think he can just take it back? How the hell could we possibly convince Hades to let us have some one in one time with him?"

This, of course was something that Diana had thought about before, unsuccessful in providing a reasonable offer that would benefit both parties, that wouldn't include Diana's mother. But perhaps if they were to play their cards right, they could just give him what he wanted, but not entirely what he wanted from Queen Hippolyta.

The presence of men was quite an overwhelming speculation the Amazons. By feasting their eyes on the men of the Justice League excluding (Y/n), they were quite perturbed by this. As the superhero group marched through the city, feeling the beady eyes of women all around them, they approached the citadel where they found Hippolyta seated on her throne presentable.