Chapter Thirty-One: The Big Plan

Gotham

"Honey? Be honest with me. Does this dress look my butt look big?" 

Such a question caught (Y/n) off guard but he was certainly quick to respond. His wife looked at him from across the room where she stood in the kitchen preparing a meal before she were to head out on mission off world. 

"Dare I answer honestly?" (Y/n) asked without even needing to look at her. "I mean... you have a tremendously good butt. Ten out of ten curvature. Do I have to hand you a ticket to ride?" 

The black-haired woman spun around and took a break from cooking. She walked around the kitchen bench to where he stood by the liquor cabinet, the silk of her white dress looked perfectly as the demi-Goddess approached him. 

"If you rip this dress... you're in biiiiig trouble, mister." She warned. 

Diana closed the distance between them and pressed her body against his but kept a slight gap between their faces. (Y/n) found the sight of his wife utterly breathtaking as he recalled the time he first fell in love with Diana. 

"Hera be praised. She is most kind for bringing us together. I, love you, (Y/n/n). My (Y/n/n). As soon as I get back, I will treat you to something special." Diana spoke ever so softly. 

The smile on his face became tender, the corners wanting to produce a sour expression of his worries that she might not ever come back home. She became concerned when his eyes became watery and used her fingers to wipe away the tears. 

"You come back to me, y'hear? Because if you don't, I'm going to go over there and personally make sure you go through the most excruciating sex you've ever gone through," whispered (Y/n). 

Diana chuckled lightly. "I swear to you in the name of the Old Gods I will come back to you, and our daughter. You two are the only thing I could ever truly fight for." 

"Then how about you get started on that journey and come back to me quick smart, hey, beautiful?" (Y/n) whispered and gave her butt a squeeze. 

Suddenly, a loud bang erupted in the room where the happily married couple found themselves with company. What they found strange was the fact that Barry had entered their apartment without any notice, let alone the fact that he had a rusty appearance about him. 

"Barry?" (Y/n) and Diana said in unison. 

"What're you doin' here, kid?" (Y/n) asked curiously. 

Barry panted heavily as he gave them a warning. 

He spoke after every exhale as he quickly composed his breathing. "Darkseid... invasion... he knows..." 

"What? How?" Diana asked concerningly. 

"Victor. He, he's connected to Apokolips technology - he connected through to Victor to find out about our plan - that's how he knew..." 

"So what happened?" (Y/n) questioned in turn. 

"We lost. We lost almost everyone." 

"And... of Earth?" 

Barry shot a fearful look his way and shook his head before serving himself a drink. He and his closest friends sat themselves at the dinner table. Diana was quick to prepare dinner so that they had something to fill their stomachs up in the meantime. Through his recollection of the failed assault, Barry explained in close detail of everything that went down, to Diana's horror. 

Hearing the crucial details of the explicit battle left (Y/n) angry. Never before had he wished such ill will against somebody far more dangerous than he. Every now and then, (Y/n) looked over at his wife and saw how perturbed she was by things. 

"Either of you got a plan? No?" (Y/n) asked gruffly. 

Diana looked at her husband and noticed her tense he was. She could read him easily and believed he was now out for blood. 

"Well, allow me to share my perspective on our predicament. If Darkseid knows we're coming - using Victor to find out what we're going to do, then we keep Victor back on the mission. Without him, how will Darkseid know what we'll do? He'll want to take on the big guns first, so we have him distract the big guy while we fight our way through his horde of bastard minions and then strike at the core of his Apokolips." 

"(Y/n), no. Victor is a crucial part in our plan. We need him to be present when we take on Darkseid." Diana disagreed. 

"Fine then. Either way, he'll have to do something for us. He's connected to the Mother Boxes and Darkseid's Apokolips tech. As much as I'd hate to say... he's going to have to make the sacrifice. If Clark won't cut it out distracting Darkseid with some physical outing, then I reckon we pull off something that Darkseid won't possibly be able to overpower. The Devil 'imself. A fair fight. God versus the Devil. There's gonna be some serious biblical shit goin' down." 

Barry was speechless, as as Diana. Neither of them could believe he was serious at such a plan yet nonetheless they were keen to know everything that could tip the scales in their favour. Diana, however, could not find peace with what her own husband was saying. 

"Wh-What? Y-Y-Y-You can't be serious... are you?" Barry stammered. 

"There's a girl by the name of Rachel Roth, her alias is the Raven; a member of the Teen Titans, and guess what? She's the Devil's daughter. But she's been using her powers for good, which means that she's capable of a great many things, that girl. Even summoning her dear old dad - such power that's been causing her some pretty bad strain." 

"Is this your big plan, (Y/n)?" Diana asked with disdain. 

The (h/c) man sighed heftily and scooped up food in his mouth, as those around him have done since the start of their conversation. Barry ate at a slow pace, but faster than how (Y/n) and Diana were eating, judging that there was a tense atmosphere about. At the conclusion of dinner, Barry took his leave after thanking the family for their hospitality and went to warm his teammates of their upcoming journey. 

"You got somethin' to say, say it." (Y/n) piped up as he moved into the kitchen to clean up. 

Diana scoffed and looked down at her hands and her bracelets. It made her recall her capabilities as well as the purpose of wearing them. She always thought about removing them but as per her mother's description of the bracelets, it would be... disastrous. 

"I'm simply upset because of what you said and how you went about conveying it, (Y/n). It worried me about your value of people's lives. What shook me was when you openly expressed having Victor sacrifice himself for the sake that we might all live. A-And to recruit a teenager into a terrible place like Apokolips... i-it's not right. This is absurd, (Y/n)!" 

"Pipe down, Diana! I know what I said was a bit over the line but it's the truth - it's the harsh truth. But it'll save billions of lives." (Y/n) argued. 

"There has to be another way, can't there?!" 

"I dunno, Diana. I'm no genius hooked up to a frickin' super computer! If there is another way, we'll figure this out. Just trust me, okay? In order to win a war, sacrifices have to be made. We can't save everybody." 

The (h/c) man grabbed her by arms and held onto her firmly with a vice grip. The eye contact they maintained became of further intensity. 

"I-I-I-I-I have to leave soon, (Y/n)." 

"I'm coming with. Bruce might be out of action, but I'm as good enough of a Wayne as this team's gonna get. I might not possess the high intellectuality of my brother, but I have a damn close enough idea of how to always get the other hand. We can do this. Together. Just like old times. Remember?" 

Diana nodded quickly as she formed a smile on her lips. The simple recollection of their true companionship warmed Diana's heart that she could have another worthy battle for the glory of herself, her sisters and her fellow Leaguers. 

"What do you say, honey... how's about we have one last dance?"