Chapter 21 | Blanket Forts (Part 2)

~ hour and a half later ~

I slowly shifted, my eyelids were fluttering refusing to open. Someone's arms were around me, and I thought I could smell some sort of cologne. I smiled slightly, breathing it in. It smelled really good and vaguely familiar.

"Have a good nap?" A voice whispered in my ear. That startled me causing me to jump. I heard a chuckle, "Calm down Sweetcakes."

I looked up at Chase. Why was he here?

Then it all came back to me- the poster, the rain, and crying my eyes out.

"I fell asleep on you. I'm so sorry." He let go of me as I pulled away sitting up. He still had an arm on the couch around me. I rubbed away the sleep from my eyes and covered a small yawn with my hand.

"Yes, you did." He looked so relaxed in this moment. Maybe this was the real Chase. Calm, caring, kind...

I saw his white top was slightly damp, no doubt from a certain crying idiot.

" I got your shirt all wet, I'm sorry, you should've woken me up or something so you could go home." I looked down fiddling with my fingers.

Two fingers lifted up my chin so I was eye level with him."I don't care about my shirt, you can make it wet whenever you need to, and if I had a problem with you sleeping on me, I would've woken you up. I don't have to go home or be anywhere if I don't want to. So you can stop apologizing." His blue irises bore into mine and I gave a small nod. "Are you hungry?" He said leaning back.

My stomach growled a little in response to hearing food and I just wanted to die. He laughed, "Well I guess that means yes." He got up and walked into the kitchen while I stretched out a little. I ran my fingers through the tangled mess I call my hair.

"What time is it?" I asked as he sat down with two plates. They had deli sandwiches and I immediately picked one up taking a bite.

"1:30." I almost choked on my food. 1:30?! I had slept for over an hour and a half?! Man crying sure is draining. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be it's fine."

"So how'd you find me?" I said quietly taking another bite

"I saw the poster and went to find you right away but had already left school. Then I looked for Claire who was looking for me and said a girl named Ruby told her that you were going home. So I got in my car and started driving around. I don't know how you ended up in Kelper's Park."

I nodded, I really needed to thank Ruby. "To tell the truth I don't know how I did either."

We fell into silence again, content with just eating our sandwiches.

"Soooo... Wanna play go-fish?"

I raise an eyebrow, "Do I wanna play what?"

"Go-fish. You know the game where the one player asks the other player if they have something and then-"

"I know what it is silly. I'm trying to figure out why you want to play that game."

He shrugged, "I don't know, it was just the first thing that came to mind." I shook my head and walked to the game cabinet to get the cards.

"Remind me to never ask for your first thoughts on anything." He frowned at this and I rolled my eyes shuffling the cards. And so the game began.

~ about 40 games of go-fish later ~

"5."

"7." Chase stuck his tongue at me. We were counting our matches from yet another round of go-fish.