Chapter 29 | Our Ponytail Holders Broke

^ ^ ^

Chase's P.O.V.

Swish. Bounce. Bounce bounce.

Bang. Bounce bounce bounce.

The ball hit the rim and bounced along back to me.

This isn't working.

I thought if I was away from Annalise, not hearing or seeing her, I'd be able to move on, I would have her completely gone from my mind, and she would no longer be able to creep into my thoughts.

Key word: Thought.

It wasn't working. At all. In fact it was the opposite. She filled my thoughts more and I wanted to see her and her smile even more. I threw the basketball at the cart and it landed on the top of the the others.

Lunch was almost over.

I walked to my locker and after putting in the combination, I grabbed the water bottle I had in there and took two swings from it.

I swallowed and screwed the cap back on the top. Oh look, it's me. It's screwed. I'm screwed.

I shut my locker door, only for eyes to meet emeralds, my eyebrows slightly raised.

"Why so surprised Chase?" She said getting closer to me and putting a hand on my chest.

Well... It couldn't hurt to try once more. Yeah I might be an arse for using her to try and get over Annalise but what else can I do?

I took her wrist and pulled her closer to me.

"I like surprises, especially when they're you." I whispered in her ear, I gave her earlobe a playful light bite which I knew was one of her turn ons.

She moaned and I kissed around her ear, letting my tongue occasionally grace the skin. I could hear her moan as I worked my way down to her neck, pressing her against my locker.

She had her fingers in my hair and tug gently. I looked up before crashing my lips on hers. She moaned and I lifted her up against the locker, her legs instinctively wrapping around my hips. My hands held her thighs and a hand moved from my hair down my chest.

After that, it was player history...

^ ^ ^

A whistle blew signaling the end of practice along with Coach Cuthbert's loud shouting. Best soccer coach in the state. We may have a small school but we have our advantages. Like when Cuthbert retired from being a professional coach early, my dad jumped on him to get try to convince him to come here. Him and my dad had gone to school together way, WAY, back in the day. Being the buddies they were Cuthbert said yes right away.

We all hit the showers and as soon as I had towel dried my hair Jared was boom! Right there leaning against a locker.

I raised an eyebrow at him and he mirrored my expression. "What?"

"Are you done?"

"Yeah..." I hand him the tall but he just chucked it at our water boy.