Chapter 7 | Bell invented electricity, right?

Annalise's P.O.V.

I was walking up the sidewalk to my house, or at least it looked like a house. It was a light blue, our old one was tan. I got to the door and I heard lots of voices inside as if there was a party or something. I opened the door, and stepped in. Everything was decorated like... like some kids birthday party... No one noticed me, there was a couple, I'm not sure who, standing there and talking to my parents. They looked so happy and full of life. I wanted to talk to them but they didn't hear me. I heard kids yelling and laughing from the open sliding door. This house felt so familiar, but why? I saw little children dressed for a party playing tag in the yard that had balloons and a swing set. There was a little girl running away from me with a party hat on her flying blonde hair. There was a little boy with black messy hair chasing her saying he was going to catch her. She giggled claiming he wouldn't. She was going to round the corner of the playground and I was finally going to see her face when everything started to shake and I had to brace myself against the door frame. It's like no one even noticed and it shook more and more. I looked back and the two chasing kids were gone...

Bounce.

Bounce.

Bounce bounce.

Bounce b-bounce BOUNCE...Okay you get the point. Someone was bouncing on my bed determined to bring me back to earth from my deep sleep that most definitely wasn't long enough for my liking.

I groaned,"Come on Lise! You gonna be late!" Izzi, duh. Who else would have that much energy stored up in them at this hour in the morning besides Kate and her dog?

"Mmm... Late for what Izzi?" I yawned stretching lazily like a cat still dazed by my dream. It was the second time something like that had happened and I couldn't figure out why now or why those kids were there or who they were.

He huffed and landed with his stomach face down on mine. "Oof.... Izzi..." I groaned and turned onto my stomach with a pillow over my head and a hand on top.

He climbed up the bed and pulled the pillow back with one hand and moved the hair in front of my 'attempting-to-sleep-face'.

He leaned down and stared at me, I could feel it and it took all my might not to smile. He tried to open my eyelid and said,"Come on Lise, wake up. You gonna be late for school."

It took a moment for his words to register in my brain but when they did I reacted quickly. My eyelids shot open scaring him I'm sure, I rolled over to see my alarm clock said 8:03am. Great. I had less than an hour to get to school or so.

Dangit. Why do schools have to start so early in the morning?

I threw my covers off sitting up unplugging my phone from the charger. Izzi climbed over and standing on his knees gave me a hug wrapping his arm around my neck as I texted my co-workers daughter, Rebecca. She was suppose to watch Izzi for me seeing as she could use the extra cash for her college studies. Not that I have extra cash to give but I have no choice...

I set my phone down on the pillow and twisted to grab Izzi and bring him in front of me so he sat in my lap with his legs around my hips. I snuggled my nose in his neck making him giggle and kissed his forehead. "Good morning." I sang said him beaming at me with Sugar in between us while he hugged my neck again. "Well someone feels good today, hmm?"