Chapter 21 | Stormy Fridays (Part 1)

Annalise's P.O.V.

Today has barely started, and it was already failing rapidly.

I had woken up late because of my lack of sleep from the night before.

Then I found out that Mother Nature had decided to visit last night so my stomach churned and my lower back ached. This didn't make moving to get ready any faster, even after I took Advil.

Chase was also late like me, and even though he drove faster than he should've we were still a good ten minutes behind. I hate being late. But it couldn't be helped so I rushed to my class.

Mrs. Stanley was not happy that I was late but her mood improved with how much I knew about the class topic. 

She said not to let it happen again after class, letting me off easy this time without detention. I promised there would be no more tardiness and apologized once again before exiting the classroom.

I had barely closed the door when I turned around to see Ruby's pale face.

Now Ruby was Scottish, and she already had pale skin, so for me to think she's pale is bad. She looked like she had seen the ghost of Christmas past, or was it herself.

"Ruby are you okay? What's wrong?" She looked at me blankly.

"You're asking me if I'm okay? Are you okay?"

"Yes..." I said hesitantly, "Why wouldn't I be?"

"You haven't seen it?"

"Seen what?" What was she talking about?

"The posters." Now she was freaking me out.

"What posters?"

"They're all over school and you don't know?" She reached into her back pocket and gave me a folded up piece of paper. "Here."

Everyone in the hallway seemed to be watching me, whispering among themselves.

I glanced down at my blue long-sleeve and jeans. Nothing weird about my clothing, so why was everyone staring at me?

"Open it."

___________________________________
                     [ pic of Israel ]

Hi fellow students, as many of you might know I'm Annalise Thompson, I'm new here at Jefferson High. Above is my kid, my parents kicked me out because I got pregnant so I'm on my own. I moved here
because my other job wouldn't keep me with the odd hours I had to work. Because of school I can't work as much, so if you could donate anything that could help it'd be appreciated. There's a box in the Cafeteria for you to put items that you don't need or can't use anymore in, I'm not picky.

And remember,
If you got the dough, I'm your hoe. ;) Pics are available if you got the money, gift cards are welcomed.

Text me at : (270) - 576- 3745

       - Annalise xx
___________________________________

I'm pretty sure that my face too was the color of the paper. 

I just stood there.  Shocked. Stunned. I couldn't believe that someone had the audacity to do this. Now everyone thought that my little brother was my kid, my parents have kicked me out, I'm a slut and they had my number. I've never even kissed a guy, let alone go that far.