Chapter 19 | Bop it, Twist it, Pull it

Annalise's P.O.V.

I didn't have to even knock on the door. Rebecca opened it with a weak smile on her face. What was that for?

"H-hey Annalise." She said.

"Hi Rebecca." I said not sure what was up with her.

I walked in and everything seemed normal.

"Are you okay Rebecca?" I said setting my stuff down.

"I-I'm fine." She said.

"Then what's the matter?" My heart quickened,"Did something happen with Izzi? Is he okay?!" I said rushing to her.

"No, no, he's fine too." I let out a breath of relief, then cocked an eyebrow,"Then what's wrong?" I asked heading into the kitchen to get a glass of water.

"Someone was here." Rebecca said following me,"Asking about you." I almost dropped the glass I had taken out of the cabinet. There's no way, no way they could've found us already.

I tried to steady my nerves. Rebecca doesn't really know about our situation. Not even Jan my boss fully knows. I swallowed as I filled the glass with water."W-what did they want?"

"They wanted to know who I was. I said I was a baby sitter. When I asked them who they were they ignored me and they wanted to know if this was your house."

"What'd you say?" I asked taking a sip of water.

"After first I said yes because I thought they were a neighbor, since she had a letter for you, I thought the mailman must've mixed it up. But then she kept asking questions like how long have you been here, and where's your parents." She? She? No no no no. There's no way. Just no way.

"Then what?" I asked trying not to have a heart attack.

"I told her that it was none of her business and your parents were working. She nodded and was about to give me the letter when Izzi came up." Rebecca stopped.

"And?" She was killing me with suspense, she had no idea how much she was killing me.

"He asked who she was and she said she was a friend of yours. She asked who he was and I took the letter from her saying that we had things we had to do. I shut the door and that was that." She saw Izzi?! Oh no...

"So where's the letter?"

"Right here." She said grabbing it off the counter. It had no address or stamp, just my name written on it. I opened it up slowly, afraid of what it contained.

But all it had was a piece of notebook paper saying, 'Watch your back Thompson, because I am' in black sharpie.

I was slightly relieved because it was not what I thought it was. But now I was confused because it wasn't them, so who was it?

Rebecca still looked scared and I folded the noted putting it back in its envelope. "It's alright Rebecca." I said smiling. Don't want to freak her out, after all they're watching me, not her.

She nodded but didn't ask what was in the letter. "Izzi wanted to go grocery shopping earlier so you could have fried chicken, I tried to call you but you didn't answer. Was that okay?"