Chapter 32 | If only if...

^ ^ ^

Chase's P.O.V.

The little bell place above the door did its tingling sound as we entered Maldonado's Shack. Annalise's had gotten out of the car before I could, but I was right behind her walking in.

She walked straight to the backroom. Probably to check in or something. I look to see a middle aged woman behind the counter with a name tag saying 'Jan'. By the looks of it she's the manager of the place.

I walk up to the register and after taking in her features and dark brown hair, I'm sure that I've only kinda seen her around.

"Hi, how may I help you today?" She said with a smile.

"I'll some hot chocolate thanks."

"Large, medium, or small?"

"Medium-" The clock chimed signaling it was 9am. "Actually, on second thought make it a large."

"Okay, that will be $2.45."

I toss the required money onto the counter and glance around to see no one about the streets yet. But with it being nine people would be out soon.

I take the cup from Jan and before she turns I ask her one more thing,"Uh, excuse me miss-"

"Yes?" She said turning around to me.

"I brought one of your employees to work today, Annalise, and I'm her ride and have nothing else to do so is it okay to hang around until she gets off?" I didn't care what her answer was exactly, if I had to buy food I wouldn't eat in order to stay I would.

There is no way I'm going to let a repeat of yesterday happen. But Annalise may question me being here, so to have her boss' back up would help. Well, help her with accepting the fact that I wasn't going to leave till she was off.

"I suppose that would be okay, as long as you don't distract her from her work."

"You won't need to worry about that." I said before taking a seat in one of the booths. I sigh and leans back, taking a sip from my cup. Six hours to go.

I see Annalise come out with her name tag and a white apron. Our eyes met briefly but some customers walked in, so she shifted her attention to them.

She worked for the next two hours taking orders, serving people and clearing tables. Two other waitresses had come in way back when she had started, and were also serving people.

The one paid little notice of me while the other with the name tag 'HAILEY' kept coming over. Even though I tried to look busy on my phone and had told we multiple times that I didn't need anything and already had a waitress, she still persisted on repeating the questions.

She was kinda pretty, I guess player material, but I wasn't interested. The only thing on my mind was watching Annalise. It wasn't that what she was doing was interesting or special, but it was because she was interesting, and definitely special. I already told Jared in my fury rant yesterday that if someone so much as looked at her in a wrong way I would kill them.

Over the past two weeks I had grown more and more protective over her and Izzi. I didn't want anything bad to happen to either of them. If something did I would never forgive myself.