Chapter 40 | Misunderstood and Understood

^ ^ ^

Annalise's P.O.V.

Ding dong.

I sat up in a cold sweat. I wiped my forehead to see it was 8:32am. I leaned back against my headboard, my hands rubbing my face attempting to push the sleep away.

I got up stretching my arms with a yawn, the doorbell ringing again.

Just then my dream from last night flooded my head. I grabbed shoving my sweatshirt over my head, rushing out of my room.

I quickly made it to the door and flung it open.

A knock was stopped because of it, surprising the being on the other side. "Uh, you okay?" He said with a raised eyebrow.

I let out a breath of relief to see it wasn't Chase. I push past him and look out to see there isn't a cloud in the sky.

"Did you lose something? Is something wrong?"

"Hm? Oh no, no. No everything's just fine." I said forcing a swallow. I had to get my imagination under control.

"Okay..."

"Uh- why don't you come in?" I said walking back to the door, opening it up for him.

Cal walked through and before I closed the door I saw the truck from my dream on the road, a Honda coming from the other direction.

The truck was loosing control, the Honda's horn blaring loudly. The truck swerved back onto it's lane just in time, barely missing the other car.

I sighed and closed the door mumbling to myself,"It was only a dream, chill Lise."

"Pardon me?"

"Uh just ignore that. I was talking to myself."

He smiled,"Okay." He raised an eyebrow looking around seeming a little anxious. "Did I come to early? You didn't specify what time to come, just when not." He said all of the sudden.

I was taken back a second, leaving him to misunderstand my actions,"I did didn't I? I'm sorry, I can come back later if you want?" He suggested, scratching the back of his neck before looking at me hopefully.

"Oh no, it's fine. Sorry I'm still waking up." I ran a hand through my nest hair. I cringed on the inside thinking of what an awful mess I must look like. "Uh- why are you here again?"

"Our project... We were going to edit our lines and work on them, remember?" I just gave myself a mentally slap. Of course. How could I have forgotten?

Well waking up from a nightmare about Chase probably didn't help.

Shut up brain. Thank you.

"Would you like to get ready first and then talk?"

"Uh, yeah that'd be great if you don't mind."

"Not all." He kept standing there and I stopped on my walk to my room.

"You can sit down you know if you want."