Chapter 3 | Human A & P and the Ticked Off Me

Annalise's P.O.V.

Done... I got up about 10 minutes before class ended and brought it to Mrs.Stanley. This was obviously not a placement test but a see-how-genius-you-are one. Don't you love those? Don't they make you absolutely stupid sometimes?

Besides the point, I think I did well. I had to answer basic questions about our nation's history, like the beginning. And varies other random things, but the last page was me having to fill in the capitals for all of the states of the glorious USA. I had states, which was great, and I knew my capitals so no problem, but that's when it was kinda obvious this wasn't a placement test.

Mrs.Stanley looked a little surprised but took it starting to grade it right then and there. Yep, so not a placement test.

I walk back to my seat and what till the bell rings. I gather my stuff and grab the small packet she wants each of us to take home and finish for the next two or three days.

I walk out of the class room, floods of people surrounding me and I want to be an introvert so bad. But I can't so yeah. I start to try and get through the stampede of students but it's kind of hard.

Some knocked into me and I was preparing myself for a hit and... Nothing, happened?

I'm confused and look up, seeing that the one, the only, Chase Black is holding my waist keeping me from falling. He smirks "Falling for me already Sweetcakes? Guess you move fast when you see something good." He winks.

"Oh don't flatter yourself too much." I say sarcastically back, rolling my eyes. And what the heck was with Sweetcakes? Like did he not have a donut this morning so that's all he can think of?

He pulls me up."You should watch where you're going." He said to the jerk who knocked me over who mumbled yeah whatever.

"Uh, thank you?" I say, still kinda surprised. Where did he come from so fast?

"No problem, come on, we have a date with Human A&P." He winks. No way heck is that going to happen.

"Then I humbly refuse the date." I say sarcastically.

"No choice Sweetcakes," see what I mean? It's like he's addicted to the word. "You'll have to go to our teacher for that." He takes my hand again and leads me through the halls.

"Hey, why do you keep calling me 'Sweetcakes'?" I ask above the noise of all the kids surrounding us. He glances back and just winks at me giving me this mischievous smile. What is that suppose to mean? Ugghhhh he's kind of getting on my nerves with that name and smirking.

We finally break through crowd and turn the corner. There's something coming down the hall rapidly fast. I glance up and there's a guy running straight at us!

"CHAAAASSSEEEEYYYY!!!" He yells and Chase let's go of my hand "Zach?!" Was all he could say before being hit with the guy who is hugging him like a kid who's just seen the biggest teddy bear ever.

Chase hugs him back," Zach... I like to breathe you know."

"Not sorry." He says as he steps back and then does this handshake. That's so cute.

"Whoa, where's a fire extinguisher when you need one?" He says gapping at me.

I look around, no smoke. Somehow I feel like everything about his Zach is weird."What do you mean? There's no fire."

Chase gives him a slightly pointed look and he raises his hands up in surrender
"Alright, you can't say I'm wrong."

Chase groans,"You will forever be helpless single."