Chapter 2 | Michigan Twining

Annalise's P.O.V.

Staring down at my baby blue jean lap, I'm glad I wore a long sleeve today, I felt cold for some reason. I played with my hands in my lap and looked out the window. My heart skipped a beat when Chase said,"It's Annalise, right?"

"Yeah."

"So do people call you Anna, Lise, or Annalise."

"My teachers and friends usually call me Annalise, sometimes I'm called Lise." (Like everyday, but that's my special thing with Izzi).

"Interesting." I nod silently.

Breaking the awkward silence, I ask him a question, "So have you lived here all your life?" Leave it to me to be a genius.

"No, we moved here from Michigan when I was five."

"You're kidding, me too."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, we lived outside of Detroit."

"Twining. We lived in it. What a coincidence." He says smirking at me. There's that look again. What's that supposed to mean?

"Yeah." I say thinking that was weird about how it was brought up. After that I was absorbed in my thoughts of the past few weeks the rest of the way, blocking out the music Chase had put on.

We arrived and I barely noticed until I felt a hand shaking me.

"Hm... What?" I look at him, coming back down to earth.

"We're here."

"Oh" I said like a dope. I can see the high school looming before. Here we go...

I'm about to get out of the car when a hand stops me.

What. Is. With. Him.

He gets out and opens the door for me. Doesn't seem like much of player to me but then again I barely know him... I think while I get out and grab my backpack.

"Thank you, and thanks for the ride." I say as I start walking away.

"Wait!" He says strolling up to me.

I suddenly stop. "Yes?"

"Do you have your class schedule yet?"

"No, I have to go get it, which is why I'm trying to get the to the office ASAP so I know where I'm going." 

"Well if you don't know where you're going then you need a guide. And it just so happens I know the school like the back of my hand." He says with a mischievous smile on his face that I can't quite place.

"Really?" I say half not surprised half genuinely.

"Yep. I'll show you where the office is, maybe we'll have classes together." For some strange reason I hoped not, even though he helped me out.

"Maybe, and thanks."

"I'll lead the way." He says and starts walking.

"Of course." I say and follow him. When we walk in he walks as if he had authority and owned the school, kinda a cocky pride kind of thing.

I try to ignore all the looks at us as he grabs my hand all of the sudden and leads me through the small crowd of students forming. I feel uncomfortable from the stares and the fact that we're holding hands. Not weird at all. My sarcasm, how I survive life. Literally.

We walk up a staircase, his hand still holding mine, which really isn't necessary.

We come to an office "Here we are." And he opens the door me again. He drops my hand and gets the receptionist's attention.

"This is..." He says looking to me.

"Annalise Thompson." I fill in, "I'm a transfer from Lincoln High School." Fun fact, I've never gone to a school that hasn't had a president's last name in the title, even in elementary school all my life.

"Oh yes. I suppose you'll want your schedule."

"Yes ma'am, I would appreciate that." I can see Chase out of the corner of my eye and it looks like he's about to throw up.

"Just a moment." She opens a drawer and gives me a piece of paper with my schedule on it, and then six Manila envelopes.

"Now on the piece of paper there is obviously your schedule with class times, and room numbers. You will give an envelope to each teacher that will show them where you are and make sure you're at the appropriate level. You may have a placement test or two just to see off the base what you know or can remember."

"Alright, thank you so much for the instructions."

"You're welcome." She says and goes back to her typing away on a computer. I walk out with Chase yet gain holding a door for me. As soon as it closes it takes him 1.3 seconds to snatch my schedule from me.

"Hey! I need that!" I say trying to grab it back, but he's taller than me, and easily moves it from my grasp.

"Chill, I'm just looking at it." He says reading it. "Well, well, lucky for you it seems I'll be around a lot. Here you go." He says. Well that's really vague, how 'around a lot' are you going to be around for.

"Thank you." I look over my schedule as Chase gives me a quick tour of this part of school showing me bathrooms, my locker, and some various other things. He walks me to the first class I don't have with him, or at least I'm assuming since he said he would swing me by my class.

He opens the door, and just before I walk in he leans down and whispers in my ear,"See you soon sweetcakes."and then he smirks walking away the door closing behind me. He's such a player, but if he is, he's a sweet player.

I'm about a minute late thanks to the water fountain stop, so it was a little awkward for me coming in. Plus, it doesn't help to blend in as the new kid.

The history teacher looked at me giving me a glare. "Are you the transfer?" Her voice desperately lacked enthusiasm.

"Yes ma'am I am. I'm sorry I was a little late, I'm not quite familiar with things yet.

"Tardiness is not accepted at this school so just make sure it doesn't happen next time."

"Understood. Uh, I believe you're suppose to look at this?" I say slightly awkwardly handing it to the teacher and she sat down at her desk. Her face seems a little bored but then it changes looking at it more with surprise.

Oh I know that look... I most definitely will have to take placement tests, they'll want to know how close I am to Einstein. I'm not but sure.

"You take a seat right there Thompson. "She says refereeing to the a seat on the front row, yay. "Class, this is Annalise Thompson, she's a transfer from another high school and will be with us for all of the senior year, so make her feel welcomed but for right now show her respect in being quite while reading pages 123-136 and answering the section quiz while she takes a placement test."

Oh brother, thanks Mrs...ummm....oh yeah....Mrs.Stanley. Lovely woman, irresistible, charming.

I sigh but it goes unnoticed as a four page test, that is DOUBLE SIDED, is give to me.

Oh well, I better start working ... I picking up my pencil and started bubbling, matching....

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Snapchat: yourjewel17
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Anddddd Chapter Two. Kinda boring I'll admit but hey, it's just started, and with how it's going to go you'll wish for some calmer chapters. ;) see you soon,

-✍🏻yourjewel🍫
xoxoxoxoxoxo