Chapter 14 | I'm a Trouble Magnet

Annalise's P.O.V.

Thankfully, I'm not late. In fact Mr.Majerus wasn't even in our classroom. Wonder where he is. My eyes turn from the abandoned desk and projector to the seats.

Unfortunately, I haven't come soon enough, most of them already are taken up. There was three seats left. One was next to a completely, stuck up nerd who acted like everyone was 3rd graders, the creepy guy who was following Chase and me to lunch (which I hadn't realized till now he was in my class), and the last one next to a smooching couple.

Well the nerd was out, he was giving me the death glare as if daring me to sit next to him, the weird guy, well I don't want to sit next to him, I'd be creepy scarred for the rest of my life.

I sighed heavily, walking in defeat towards the couple. I'm not one who's a fan of watching PDA, but hey, it was either them or the psycho. Why does life hate me?

I got closer to the empty seat and was about to sit down I realized who the couple was. Chase was making out with a girl who looked a ton like Kristi but she had red hair instead.

Well this was awkward. It was kinda painful too. Kate was right, and I knew it but I didn't want to believe it. He's a player and this is what they do. But the question is, what do I do now? I could maybe tolerate it if it was some random people, but Chase? I really didn't feel like it and being next to a glaring nerd didn't sound so bad and there is no way I'm getting near creepy guy. I was turning around to make my way to the seat when I heard my name,"Annalise? Where are you going?"

I look over my shoulder and see a very pretty girl with emerald eyes now sitting next to him, hands attached to his forearm but he's not paying attention right now.

My eyes shift to Chase who is looking at me confused. Well just because everyone else was cool with him being a player and his player ways doesn't mean I was, or was planning to.

"My seat." I said and turned on my heel and walked to the front and sat down next to the death nerd. Mr. Majerus walked in and started talking before Chase could do anything.

^ ^ ^

This is worse than the NSA watching me, which was also quite possibly going on too.

Nerd dude is still giving me death glares as if I'm going to get up and move in the middle of class. Nope, sorry. Get over it introvert.

And I'm 100% sure that Chase is staring at me too because the baby hairs on my neck are standing up. I can practically feel his blue irises boring into my back.

Oh yeah, and we can't forget our drama loving, gossip friends who have seen me in not one, but two humongous scenes with populars. Just like in history. And I thought I could have a quiet senior year.

With all of these heartwarming glares, the one person I thought I could count on was copying them. I was in the middle of the front row, Mr. Majerus right in front of me. Guess who he looked at half of the time? Yep. I'm the prize winner of 18 eyeballs.

So you know what I did? Acted like no one was looking at me and they thought I was invisible.

However that only lasted for about... 3.03679 seconds. Did I ever mention that I suck at plans under pressure sometimes? Or at least when all the attention is on me.

Just as I'm considering to go to the bathroom and flush myself to Japan, (dramatic I know but I'm becoming desperate, go up to the line where I suck at making plans), when the most symphony sound rings, and class is out. Hallelujah.

I quickly pack up and instead of being the last out I'm the first. I think somewhere when I was going through the crowd I heard my name called, but I ignored it and pressed through the bodies of students to get to English.

"Hey! Annalise wait!"  I stop for a second and see that it's Ruby.

"Man you can squirm your way through a crowd fast when you want to."

I chuckled a little. I guess I can. "Yeah well, I wanted to get to English as soon as possible."

Heh, right. Keep telling yourself that. Brain, please shut up.

Ruby raised an eyebrow, "Since when did a student want to get to Mrs. Berkeley's class ASAP?"

Wait, how'd she know that? "Wait, how'd you know Mrs.Berkeley was my English teacher?"

Ruby looked at me blankly and blinked, then slowly shook her head, "Well for one, I saw you yesterday go into that classroom, and two, just about everyone knows that you were the girl who got the phone call in the middle of the class, plus with your scene at lunch and in the parking lot, everyone pretty much knows who you are."

Wow. My stomach turned at the thought of everyone knowing who I was. Not good, not good. That's what I get for befriending populars, but they were nice populars. "Oh. Right." I looked down and fidgeted with a bracelet on my wrist which I now had a sudden fascination with.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, "Hey, in your defense you never did anything wrong, this just seem to happen to you. Have you ever considered that you may very well be a magnet for trouble?" I chuckled at this even though I felt awful. Ruby had a way of making me want to laugh and smile.

Magnet for trouble? Yep, sounds about right, if the last six months aren't a perfect example.

"Yeah, well you might have a point there." I smiled.

The bell rang again warning students to get to their classes.

"Well, I'll see you at lunch, okay?" Ruby asked.

"Yeah, I'll see you then."

"Have fun with Hell- I mean, English." Ruby said walking away. I shook my head grinning. Oh she had no idea how many things she was right about. I should take lessons from her sometime.

I was about ten feet from my classroom when she stopped me so I had no problem going in and handing the now finished placement test to Mrs.Berkeley. And you know, also sitting in the BACK corner of the room. I was getting my binder out and was reaching for a pencil in my backpack when I felt someone overshadow me.

"Now I may not be an Einstein like you Sweetcakes, but I think you're ignoring me." Said a deep voice followed by the chair next to me being pulled out. And occupied. It is was him. I can just tell this is going to be my favorite class.

^  ^  ^  ^  ^  ^  ^  ^  ^  ^  ^

Omg y'all, you're going to make everyone in my life think I'm a high teenager because I swear every time I see someone has added my book or voted or commented or read it I have a huge slap happy grin on my face. Idek how many time I've squealed and jumped up and down. And I not a girly girl, you should be honored. You guys are really making me pumped and excited to write more which is my goal, so keep it up!

Hope you liked the chapter, I'm not sure a non drama chapter will happen anytime soon but hey, gotta keep things spicy.

Love you guys💕
-✍🏻yourjewel🍫
xoxoxoxoxoxo