Chapter 27 | Lazytitis or Crushnetis?

^  ^  ^

Annalise's P.O.V.

I had texted Chase last night 'Hey' against my better judgement, and he hadn't even
read the message.

Well, at least he can't avoid me for much longer since he's driving me to school.

That's when the doorbell rang. I knew it wasn't Rebecca since she was already here playing with Izzi in his room. "I'll get it!" I called to them. I had to refrain myself from running to answer the door.

I unlocked the top lock, but my smile slightly fell when I saw Natalie.

"Oh, hey Natalie." What's she doing here?  I looked behind her to see Leon's Lexus in my driveway, him in the driver's seat. No black Ferrari. I raised an eyebrow at her waiting for her to say something.

"Hey Annalise." She looked back at Leon who nodded at her. She turned back to me, shifting her feet. "Uh, well, um." She cleared we throat and stopped moving."You see, Claire texted me to tell Leon to pick you up on our way to school, since Chase isn't feeling to well and is at home."

"Oh, okay. Well, um. Just give me a second and I'll grab my backpack." I smiled at her turned away from the door to get my backpack from my room. So he was sick? With what? Was he sick yesterday and that's why he skipped? Ugh, here we go with questions again.

^  ^  ^

Leon and Natalie had said nothing on the car ride to school, which was fine by me, I'd much rather listen to Taylor Swift,(even though she's not my absolute favorite), then talk right now. Neither of them knew kind of sick Chase was.

Was he contagious? Was it serious or just a regular thing?

I probably closed my locker door a little too hard because I got some looks from people. I ignored them and walked to English.
Mrs.Berkeley had been talking almost the whole entire time yesterday, so finding out our project and starting on it was today. There's just one little problem... Let's think about it what it could be...

Chase is sick....

Mhm....

So he isn't here...

Uh-huh...

And he's your partner...

Continue....

So you can't work on the project...

Yep. Glad you got it too.

Mrs. Berkeley started just as soon as the last person sat down. No, like literally, as soon as their butt came in contact with the seat surface, she immediately opened her mouth.

"Alright class, since we had some important things to cover and learn yesterday-" if she was referring to the different octaves of snores that I didn't know existed, then yep, we learned something,"-You'll be receiving your project assignments today. One person from each pair will come up and randomly pick a slip from this container. This slip will have your project topic on it. I'm sure with all the time you have-" you mean all the time that doesn't exist because you take it up with homework for your class? "There will be no problems in making up for the lost session."

"Eugene, please past out the project requirements." I was half listening to her, but what caught my attention were the words "Background" "Oral Presentation" and "Visual Representation".