Chapter 39 | If You Really Cared...

^ ^ ^

Annalise's P.O.V.

Ding dong.

I rolled over in my bed before hearing the doorbell ring once again. I pulled my pillow off my face sitting up. I rub my eyes and push my hair back out of my face, my hands coming to rest on my neck.

Ding dong.

My eyes shut as I lean against the headboard running my hands over my scrunched up expression.

I groan and sigh as two more rings and a series of knocks sound.

"Alright, I'm coming I'm coming." I mumbled flinging my sheets and quilt off. I forcefully push myself off the bed leaving its warmth.

I wrap my arms around myself, a shiver going over my body as I make my way to the door, the sound of knocking and the doorbell still echoing around my ears and throughout the house.

My feet shift across the carpet before my hand finally closed around the knob. I unlocked the top latch shaking my head to rid of the sleep cloud that hung above it.

I turned it opening the door. It takes me a second for my eyes to adjust to the bright sunlight to see a figure standing three feet away, back to me.

"Um can I help yo-"

"Forgive me?"  He said turning around.

"What are you doing-"

"I'm so sorry." He said suddenly in front of me, his hands holding mine. They're warm making me shiver in my t-shirt and shorts.

I looked away,"No-"

"Please?" He said squeezing my hands.

I pulled them out of his touch, taking a step back, raising my head higher,"You were out of line, just saying you're sorry won't make up for it and erase everything that's happened. You shouldn't have yelled at me along with many other things."

"I know, there's a lot of things I shouldn't have said or done, I was wrong. I was just worried about you and upset because you just disappeared. Please understand, I didn't mean to offend you or make you feel like a kid."

I crossed my arms, raising an eyebrow."Oh sure."

"I know, I'm a jerkface, and I don't deserve for you to forgive me, but please, please Annalise-" he said pushing the hair that had fallen back behind my ear. His hand cupped my cheek, my hand rested on his forearm, my expression softened taking him in."Please forgive me." Tears started in his eyes as he looked down in shame.

I brought a hand to his left cheek, lifting it up so he looked at me."I don't-"

"Wait...." He whispers, putting his finger to my lips. He traced them with his fingertip before it traveled under my chin. His eyes locked on my lips before looking up into my eyes, our faces so close our noses almost touched.

I was about to say something when. He cut me off."Please, don't answer before considering it. I'll do anything, just name it Lise, just please except my apology, I'm really trying, really. I'll be anything you want, even throwing away my player ways that I know disgust you, they disgust me too to be honest."